Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting conflicting advice regarding upgrading the Scout OEM airbox to a trask airfilter. I have been told that just adding this without changing the OEM pipes will do nothing for the bikes performance. Someone else at the same shop tells me that just doung the trask airfilter will increase the performance. Has anyone out there change just the airbox, and did you notice a difference?

·
Registered
47 Posts
I am getting conflicting advice regarding upgrading the Scout OEM airbox to a trask airfilter. I have been told that just adding this without changing the OEM pipes will do nothing for the bikes performance. Someone else at the same shop tells me that just doung the trask airfilter will increase the performance. Has anyone out there change just the airbox, and did you notice a difference?
Im not a professional in this area, but Im not sure if you could get away with JUST doing that without buying a tuner of some sort too because you'll be getting some nice air flow goin. i could be wrong.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
If your looking for any performance gains, you need to flow more air,fuel,and exhaust. Just the intake won’t do much for you. Plus you may risk running too lean with just the intake install. E-mail Fuel -Moto. They sell fuel controllers, the best being the PVCX equivalent .they are good people and will steer you in the right direction.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Like anything else, if you have more air going in, you want it to escape unchoked as well. You do want some back pressure but a nice exhaust will bring the air filter to its full potential. You will get minimal gains with just a filter but if anything compliments an air filter, it's an exhaust! A fuel controller will help the fuel balance out the mixture of the new air you're giving the combustion to get you into that sweet spot

1 - 4 of 4 Posts