Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I went down on my Roadmaster a couple weeks ago. Right side of the bike had all sorts of cosmetic damage. Mechanical damage was the front brake lever and master cyclinder which were replaced. The repair was delayed multiple times because the dealer couldn't get the air out of the lines and bleed the brake properly. They finally called me yesterday and said it was done. On my 11th mile home out of 50, the front end started to vibrate and to my chagrin the front brake locked up. Had to call the dealer to come get the bike and take it back and try again. They just texted me an update and said they're still working on it, having trouble getting the air out of the lines, even with Indian corporate's help. Any suggestions from the mechanics out there? What experience have you had with brakes and this issue?
Thank you,

·
Bronze member
2,990 Posts
Can you see an air bubble in the little reservoir windows when the bike is parked in a position where the reservoirs are level??If not,then remove just enough fluid so you can now see that bubble.What happens is,as the fluid heats up,whether it be from application,hot weather,or engine heat,it will expand without the operator knowing it,hence applying the brakes and you'll get brake noise.If that's the case here,then it's an easy fix.Dave!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts