Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone installed either a Stebel Nautilus or Twisted Throttle Split Air Horn?

I've had one or the other on every motorcycle I've owned and would like to install one on my 2020 Bobber.

Mahalo.

·
Registered
794 Posts
I had actually installed one of the Stebel Nautilus air horns on my RM. Not much room to put something that big, ended up hitting the fender and breaking when I tried to remove the compressor. Pain in the ass with the canbus system. Wired straight to the stock horn switches, too much draw. Wired with the relay to the stock horn switch wires, too little draw. But I can still get some honks out of my current air horn I have set up on it for now. The sound from the Stebel was great. I had one laying around many months I was going to put on my friend's bike but they sold it, so I put it on my POV instead. Love it for a POV application too!

·
Registered
794 Posts
Do you have a picture of the install?
Here's a link to the post I made about it. Got a vid you can hear it too, timestamp in the description of the YT vid. Got a pic of the dual red horn mounts. Used a steel hose clamp to clamp the compressor behind the left side leg fairing to the frame. No troubles with them yet. I went with the plastic so they shouldn't corrode. I found the cheap chrome plated brass or copper whatever it was Amazon special corroded from my winter riding out here in PA.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Do you have a picture of the install?
Not much to show. We just removed the stock horn and replaced with mini sound bomb. The horn is located under radiator at bottom.
Need to have someone hold bike up straight works best

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Bronze member
2,011 Posts
I’ve had some trouble with my Soundbomb Mini.

I don’t use my horn much, so when I needed to use it I pressed the button a couple seconds and it was OK. Except I thought it stopped before I released the button. Sure enough, next button push to check on that it didn’t make a sound.

I had forgotten about it until later and tried testing it, was OK again. However I tried another time and got no sound.

After wiggling the connectors around it was fixed. I’m guessing when the horn vibrates it caused the connectors to lose contact, not actually disconnect.

I haven’t done anything else to it yet, thinking I should put dielectric grease on the connectors and crimp them tighter.

Curiously, at the time of install there was a problem with the horn, it would only make a soft plunk noise before I turned the adjustment screw.

·
Registered
794 Posts
My bad I didn't see your quote I thought you were asking about mine. I guess it's still there for others to see later, too. Glad you guys got it worked out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts