Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2017 Roadmaster and wondering how much more air flow the lower fairing has on the newer Roadmaster? Has anyone experienced both to give a good report? Any input would be appreciated, thank you

·
Registered
570 Posts
I have the 2017 also and have read on the forum that the new RM flows much better Air. Last summer when we averaged 90’s and better I just removed mine. It made a huge difference in heat reduction. Removal is quick and easy just four bolts.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have the 2017 also and have read on the forum that the new RM flows much better Air. Last summer when we averaged 90’s and better I just removed mine. It made a huge difference in heat reduction. Removal is quick and easy just four bolts.
Thank you for input

·
Registered
378 Posts
I ride a 2016 RM. I just test rode 2020 RM, I was not impressed with the lower redesign, it flows a lot more air back over the engine to address the heat issues I assume. But it causes a whole lot of cockpit turbulence for me , even shook my sunglasses. Plus the lower compartments are smaller with the redesign which sucks for a touring bike, and no plastic deflectors to shut the wind off. Talked to the dealer about replacing the lowers with the old style or swapping them off mine, said they redesigned the hiway bars and they would have to be replaced also. Doable but $$

1 - 6 of 6 Posts