Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for this ahead of time probably a stupid question.

The manual says to replace or rebuild the air cleaner at 15k. My question is in regards to the hi flow air cleaners. Are they rechargeable like the K&N for cars/trucks or do they need to be replaced every 15k as well. Maybe just the substrait is replaceable while the housing is the bulk of the cost?

I only have 8k on my bike so far and I sure do like the way some of the hi flow filters look. But not sure I want to keep paying hi dollars for them every 15k miles though.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
456 Posts
I put a K&N air filter on my Sixty at abt 7,500 or 8,000 miles earlier this year. They are pre-oiled and you can wash and re-oil them. Like the ones for cars and trucks. I plan on checking them once a year when I change my oil and that’s it in new air filters for the rest of my bike’s life :LOL: I swear the bike makes more HP or torque in the mid-range and sounds even better when you twist the throttle - and that is over the roar of my crushers 😎👍 at least that’s what I think 🤪

Reactions: RedRM

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know K&N made filemters for bike but the Vodoo and indian stage 1or others that are similar is what I would like to understand more about. Thanks for your comments though. Good to know you are happy with your K&N

1 - 3 of 3 Posts