Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just added some Khrome Werks 4” slip ons and they sound amazing. I am thinking air filter / intake next. Do you guys have any recommendations from experience you can share . I’ve looked at the K&N filter to install , but will welcome any feedback.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
588 Posts
I ended up with the Trask, it replaced the Indian air box and filter.

4T

·
Bronze member
1,758 Posts
K&Ns are a great way to save on maintenence costs if you are willing to clean and oil your air box and filter on regular intervals,.....especially if you do your own maintenence.
Dealers want to sell filters at service intervals.

·
Bronze member
1,415 Posts
I have the Khrome Works 4” exhaust. My intake is an Indian high perf ( free to me) and w/ PVCX the bike runs great. Sounds great, No complaints.

·
Bronze member
1,758 Posts
My wife now has the Indian HiPo intake box/filter with reflash and the RCX slip ons.

Wow! It made a refreshingly quicker motorcycle that sounds even better than mine.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Which brings me to this question too. What are the main differences in performance ( other than one being an air box assembly and one being just the filter) between the Indian HP Air Intake assembly / K&N filter versus The S&S/ Trask/ GMan setups .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Bronze member
1,758 Posts
Couldn't tell you, cause we just picked up her bike.

AND......you'd need to Dyno different bikes with all the possible combos of intakes, exhausts, and ECM tunes.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts