Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Founding member / distinguished
2,780 Posts
Indian has their high flow filter and Thunder Mfg. makes the Thunder Charger. I'm looking into the same thing. I saw a FB post from a rider that states you can feel the power increase from the Thunder Charger.

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
More POWER!!! LOL :D

Reactions: bluedawg

·
Registered
12 Posts
Are there any decent aftermarket air cleaners out there to replace the big ugly stock ones on the 2014's

Check out my recent post. You do this you void your 5 year warranty. Want to take the chance OK. I am not... It is spelled out real plain in the warranty fine print. Actually all the aftermarket and Indian high flows so far look like crap also.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
1,956 Posts
I'm with Dwarf,,,, where do you need the extra power?

·
Registered
391 Posts
I don't think the Indian AC with their flash installed at a dealer by an Indian mechanic will void the warranty.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Per indian of Daytona the add on parts like stage one done by a certified indian tech will not effect warrantee. I know the air cleaners done at biketoberfest S&S booth seemed to be fine with warrantee but I was also told that a person that changed their oil with a 10/50 blend of some form in Miami at home took out a transmission that voided their warrantee. Polaris wanted a sample of oil which they said was cause of problem. I also know of two cases per Ocala indian that we're covered under warrantee but told they will not do in the future if ECM is blown out by owner playing with battery connections and shorting them or putting on in wrong way. I guess this electronic module is very sensitive. I wonder if we could get what issues are showing up under warrantee?

·
Founding member
568 Posts
I'm fine with the stock performance, but would like something smaller and better looking than that big old chrome plated bedpan hanging off the side of my bike.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
2,052 Posts
Good Morning,
I'd like a round air cleaner with a chrome, domed cover featuring the Indian script that resembles the old Linkert air cleaners of the '40s and '50s, for the looks if nothing else.
--- Randall

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
I'm fine with the stock performance, but would like something smaller and better looking than that big old chrome plated bedpan hanging off the side of my bike.
You are showing your age with that avatar. I collected them when I was a teen. (many many many years ago)

·
Registered
478 Posts
Has anybody replaced the A/C with a high flow cleaner themselves. Am in the process of installing the Indian version and am having a problem getting the retaining plate off. It seems pretty obvious that the seal around the throttle body has to come off before I can go any further. And it is a real ***** to get off. Any suggestions, techniques, etc. short of cutting it off?

·
Registered
391 Posts
I had my dealer do the flash and I changed out the AC myself. I sent you a PM with my phone #. I will be glad to help if I can.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts