Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to admit that I, along with others have an issue with the price of some of the accessories. With that being said, OMG the Power difference after having the air cleaner and flash done on my Roadmaster is AMAZING!!! You can hear the Mass amounts of air being sucked into the 111 BEAST!!!! Needless to say the wife was Not so impressed after being Mashed up against the trunk for the rest of the day.... It is High priced but in my opinion Well worth the money. Happy riding Everyone!!!

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
Absolutely LOL :cool:

Reactions: fang

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Welcome to the club.

018.jpg

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have to admit that I, along with others have an issue with the price of some of the accessories. With that being said, OMG the Power difference after having the air cleaner and flash done on my Roadmaster is AMAZING!!! You can hear the Mass amounts of air being sucked into the 111 BEAST!!!! Needless to say the wife was Not so impressed after being Mashed up against the trunk for the rest of the day.... It is High priced but in my opinion Well worth the money. Happy riding Everyone!!!

I'm very interested in the Indian air cleaner. Was your modification air cleaner only with the appropriate flash? I'm not interested in more noise, but a little more oomph and a cooler running bike would be welcome. The number 111 while a bit garish has significance with me, but I hate the look of the huge air cleaner holder.

Thanks for your feedback,

MO

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm very interested in the Indian air cleaner. Was your modification air cleaner only with the appropriate flash? I'm not interested in more noise, but a little more oomph and a cooler running bike would be welcome. The number 111 while a bit garish has significance with me, but I hate the look of the huge air cleaner holder.

Thanks for your feedback,

MO
Mo,
I did have the stage one exhaust put on also at time of delivery. The air cleaner Definately looks much better than the factory one and also lets you see the left side of the engine. I really noticed more Snap right when you twist the throttle, No hesitation any more. It is Pricey but in my Opinion well worth it!! Hope that helps...

·
Registered
7,995 Posts
Mo,
I did have the stage one exhaust put on also at time of delivery. The air cleaner Definately looks much better than the factory one and also lets you see the left side of the engine. I really noticed more Snap right when you twist the throttle, No hesitation any more. It is Pricey but in my Opinion well worth it!! Hope that helps...
Same here with my 2015 Chieftain, once flashed, overall better performance.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Glad to hear you like the Indian Air Cleaner and reflash. I like the stock pipes so im just going to knock out the plugs and tell them to install the Air Cleaner and reflash it as if I had the stage 1 exhaust ( hope they dont give me shit about it ).
Question - have you noticed any improvement on the heat coming off the engine ( especially on the right side )
after having the upgrades done?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Glad to hear you like the Indian Air Cleaner and reflash. I like the stock pipes so im just going to knock out the plugs and tell them to install the Air Cleaner and reflash it as if I had the stage 1 exhaust ( hope they dont give me shit about it ).
Question - have you noticed any improvement on the heat coming off the engine ( especially on the right side )
Skistoy, I haven't noticed any heat difference but that is probably because the warmest day we have had here in Nebraska to ride in has been 50 degrees. Just from the overall looks of things I think it might help due to the extra air allowed to the rear head. I'm wondering if the air funnel on the factory air cleaner was forcing more Hot air to my right under thigh and now without that funnel it might dissipate the heat better without forcing it to one area. When it warms up I will give an update!!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Just got my Air Cleaner installed today. Had a GREAT zippy ride home. It's about 80* out today. Didn't notice any more significant heat coming up from the engine. We'll see when it heats up to 110* in a few months or so. :mad:

·
Registered
179 Posts
If I'm paying 20 gees for sum thing why can't it be right out of the box!!! Got go spend moe money!!! Dang-git

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi how did you go doing this and did they give you shit about losing your warranty as i'am thinking about doing the same, i've all ready knock the freeze plugs out just need to purchase the air cleaner now, did the air cleaner come with a re flash like some people say.

·
Registered
240 Posts
yes the air cleaner comes with the reflash. had one installed on my roadmaster and removed the freeze plugs on the stock exhaust.better throttle response and looks much nicer.:D

·
Registered
384 Posts
If I'm paying 20 gees for sum thing why can't it be right out of the box!!! Got go spend moe money!!! Dang-git
Try buying a harry they develop accessories and then design the bike. The comparative cost Indian is not a bargain but better then harry

1 - 20 of 29 Posts