Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do the aftermarket windshield manufacturers determine the advertised height of their shields?

·
Registered
412 Posts
i guess that may differ from manufacturer to manufacturer. The Freedom shields are measured from the lower center bolt to the top of the windshield:

The size is measured by laying a tape measure on the front center of the windshield from the center mounting screw up to the top edge of the windshield.

·
Registered
87 Posts
i guess that may differ from manufacturer to manufacturer. The Freedom shields are measured from the lower center bolt to the top of the windshield:

The size is measured by laying a tape measure on the front center of the windshield from the center mounting screw up to the top edge of the windshield.
Same with Long Ride Shields

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My findings were the same as all the other posts. Freedom, LRS & Klockwerks all confirmed that the typical measurement is from the center mounting hole to the top edge of the shield.

·
Rider
1,233 Posts
I ordered the Klock Werks 12" Clear, when I installed it, I measured the stick Indian piece at 9", wind management is way better now! =)

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, I don't know why Indian sells a Klockwerks made windshield but doesn't use their sizing standard?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts