Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Gold Supporting Member
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone looked into installing an analog tach on a Classic or Vintage? Is it even possible? I know you really don't need one on these thunder torque monsters, but it'd be nice to have one. If any one has done it or has a source for an aftermarket tachometer, let me know. Thanks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
There is a digital tach on the bike from the factory. you just have to scroll through with the toggle switch on the front of the left hand controls.

·
Founding member / distinguished
2,742 Posts
If you can find a service manual, or someone with one, I don't see why you couldn't tap in to the tach wire that is very likely under the display on the tank. I know that it was pretty easy to find on my HD and I put a tach in no problem.

·
Gold member
6,436 Posts
Has anyone looked into installing an analog tach on a Classic or Vintage? Is it even possible? I know you really don't need one on these thunder torque monsters, but it'd be nice to have one. If any one has done it or has a source for an aftermarket tachometer, let me know. Thanks.
Ah your title is it classic or vintage? I'd say it's retro! Not classic or vintage.

·
Super Moderator
5,851 Posts
Ah your title is it classic or vintage? I'd say it's retro! Not classic or vintage.
He was talking about the Polaris era Indian Classic or Indian Vintage. Not a vintage era bike. (and it was posted 18 months ago)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts