Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Same, same, same and same! Hoping for better!

·
Registered
31 Posts
I posted a few years ago about FM reception. Everyone seemed to just accept it and use I Pods and the like. THIS IS the $64,000 question as far as I'm concerned. Some have said the grounding point of the antenna in the fender needs to be scuffed up. Perhaps it's just a really shitty tuner in the radio module. I for one CANNOT believe that no one at Polaris has ever truly addressed this problem. Any rocket scientists on here got some free time? Or maybe an ex HD radio design engineer?

·
Registered
468 Posts
I posted a few years ago about FM reception. Everyone seemed to just accept it and use I Pods and the like. THIS IS the $64,000 question as far as I'm concerned. Some have said the grounding point of the antenna in the fender needs to be scuffed up. Perhaps it's just a really shitty tuner in the radio module. I for one CANNOT believe that no one at Polaris has ever truly addressed this problem. Any rocket scientists on here got some free time? Or maybe an ex HD radio design engineer?
I used a dremel with sand paper and polished all paint/powdercoat off of the antenna mount, the rear bumper and the frame. Basically everything the antenna fastens too and had found very little difference. I have considered running a foot or so of heavy copper wire from the mount to under the fender or somewhere to see if it make a difference, but haven't gotten around to it yet.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Ah! German Engineering is in da House! Honest to God, I forgot about this issue as I'm still driving my 14. I just still can't believe they couldn't have figured this out by now!!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Ah! German Engineering is in da House! Honest to God, I forgot about this issue as I'm still driving my 14. I just still can't believe they couldn't have figured this out by now!!!
Anyone know if that would work on a 2019 Chieftain DK?

·
Registered
193 Posts
I always ride with the passing lights on especially during the day. And no luck when I tried turning them on and off with the radio station that won't come in on. I have one radio station that just won't come in where I live and it's not even 8 miles away. Guess I might not spend the money for the aftermarket antenna then if it's not working for you.

·
Bronze member
2,889 Posts
I've tried everything under the sun to be honest with you... then when skimming the manual it said do not store the fob in the glove compartment as it may interfere with radio signals... so I moved it out of there to try it... my reception improved greatly over what it was... not like my pick-up yet but at least usable...

Reactions: Racer57

·
Registered
468 Posts
I've tried everything under the sun to be honest with you... then when skimming the manual it said do not store the fob in the glove compartment as it may interfere with radio signals... so I moved it out of there to try it... my reception improved greatly over what it was... not like my pick-up yet but at least usable...
Hadn't heard that. Gonna have to check it out. Thanks !! "When in doubt, read the instructions !!" :D

Put fob in pocket, made no difference. :(

1 - 17 of 17 Posts