Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if Carlini ape hangars fit our Indian Chief Vintage? I want to get the gangster 16” apes.

Also, does anyone have the floorboard relocation brackets from aeromach? How happy are you with them? Was it enough? I’m 5’7” and looking to make my Chief comfortable. Right now, I feel like my knees are in my chest when I ride. No highway pegs yet either. I don’t want to get an extended reach seat because I need a rider backrest for my back.

·
Bronze member
2,754 Posts
Stevens23, I am 5` 7 also and ride a Road Master, I am around 167 pounds, I find the seating and floor board on my bike are fine ,with the exception of a bad knee that I need to starch out from time to time to get some relief for the pain so I added highways pegs that help me a lot in that case. I have read a lot of a lot of guys saying they find the Chieftain uncomfortable and yet I thought the Road Master was basically the same animal with a bit more dressing. I am now interesting is seeing what you come up with and the results of that. I am not saying you are wrong in any way I am just interested to see and learn as much as I can .I don not in any way have a issue with my knees feeling as if they are in my chest . So I would love to see your fix and looking on with interest. Thanks for bringing this up. :) Cheers

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I’m still waiting for responses here. I thought there would be at least a few that had this done and chime in. I’m sure I’m not the only one that feels like this. I’m only 5-7 too. I can’t imagine how cramped taller riders would feel. The only bike that felt perfect from the factory and not cramped was my Victory Magnum. Like it was built specifically for me.

·
Bronze member
2,754 Posts
Thanks. I’m still waiting for responses here. I thought there would be at least a few that had this done and chime in. I’m sure I’m not the only one that feels like this. I’m only 5-7 too. I can’t imagine how cramped taller riders would feel. The only bike that felt perfect from the factory and not cramped was my Victory Magnum. Like it was built specifically for me.
I loved my Victory Cross Roads too, there are a lot of guys here that have owned and loved the Victory bikes some like Hinks wife still has one and rides it all over the place with Hink who has a Road Master.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts