Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Coming from the Harley world, I'm finding there aren't as many choices for aftermarket parts for the Indian.....not complaining. by any means....lI hit a home run when I bought this bike. Love the bike (2021 Challenger), and for right now I don't plan on doing much but adding some "beefier" exhaust mods, mainly some slip-ons. The stock pipes are......ok, but I need something with just a bit more rumble to remind me of my Harley heritage馃槵

I've searched and see two choices: Rinehart and Tab Performance. Are there any others out there? what are most of you using? Pleased with the quality/finish/performance? Any issues with just adding slip-ons without a Stage 1 flash and decel popping? Any K&N users? Plusses/minuses with using them? What is the popular place where all the cool kids are getting their parts?......

Reactions: Gary B

Registered
You can get yourself a set of Shark Roads and a Tab cat delete for damn near the same price as just a set of slipons from most name brand manufacturers

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

Registered
2020 Indian Challenger
There are more options now than when a lot of us first started looking. It's really a personal preference. I picked Rinehart because I liked the sound of them the best. I've been happy with my decision. There's some 2 into 1 options now as well as slipons.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There are more options now than when a lot of us first started looking. It's really a personal preference. I picked Rinehart because I liked the sound of them the best. I've been happy with my decision. There's some 2 into 1 options now as well as slipons.
I like Rineharts, too鈥.had them on my last bike. Did you re flash after you installed that, or not? Any decel popping? I dealt with that a lot on another bike that was FI鈥.never on a carbed bike, though鈥.

Registered
I had the stage one flash done don't think it made a difference, I don't have the stage one air intake just the one for the pipes the dealership charged me 200 bucks for the flash, the pipes sound nice and have deep rumble no decel popping, great investment you won't be sorry

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I had the stage one flash done don't think it made a difference, I don't have the stage one air intake just the one for the pipes the dealership charged me 200 bucks for the flash, the pipes sound nice and have deep rumble no decel popping, great investment you won't be sorry
Found them on sale at JPCycle. With my discounts, $625 shipped. I ain鈥檛 complaining. Thanks for the info!

Registered
Coming from the Harley world, I'm finding there aren't as many choices for aftermarket parts for the Indian.....not complaining. by any means....lI hit a home run when I bought this bike. Love the bike (2021 Challenger), and for right now I don't plan on doing much but adding some "beefier" exhaust mods, mainly some slip-ons. The stock pipes are......ok, but I need something with just a bit more rumble to remind me of my Harley heritage馃槵

I've searched and see two choices: Rinehart and Tab Performance. Are there any others out there? what are most of you using? Pleased with the quality/finish/performance? Any issues with just adding slip-ons without a Stage 1 flash and decel popping? Any K&N users? Plusses/minuses with using them? What is the popular place where all the cool kids are getting their parts?......
I heard a Challenger with the TABs,I asked the owner which baffles he was running,he said the 2.5,sounded really good!

Registered
2021 Challenger
Guess I'm getting old but I just had the dealer remove the stage 2 cams and put the stock ones back in so I could get rid of the obnoxious stage 1 oval slip ons. Totally ruined the riding experience for my wife and I. At 63 I no longer think loud is cool. The stock exhaust sounds perfect to us. And this machine is plenty fast enough without the claimed 10% HP increase. To each his own though! :)

Registered
I got tabs with 2.5鈥 baffles. Liked them a lot but my inner hooligan wanted louder. I replaced the 2.5 baffles with zombie baffles and freaking love them. This is without the CAT delete and without flashing the bike.

Really loud when you want to be but can be quiet when riding like a grownup. The occasional decel pop but nothing big at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
2020 Challenger

I鈥檝e had Rineharts and loved the deep sound but they weren鈥檛 loud enough.

I then bought Tab Zombies and they sounded pretty damn awesome. Then I got to noticing they sounded kinda tinny.

Back to Rineharts with a 2/1 Tab Cat delete. Pretty happy with that combo. Nice and deep and fairly loud.

I just added the Rinehart performance baffle which makes them about 10% louder IMHO. Now I think I have the perfect deep rumble that is comfortably loud.

If you just want obnoxious loud go with Tab Zombies and Tab decat. You will need earplugs after 30 min along with anyone riding within 250 yards behind you.

Registered
I just replaced my tab zombie slip ons for freedom union 2 into 1 and I feel the power idle sounds a bit louder but cracking the throttle is loud different sound then the tabs.

Rider
I ended up going with Sawicki 2-1. It's goddamn loud, but mellows out when just cruising. I definitely notice a huge torque difference with that and the Power Commander 5, but if you don't like loud, this definitely NOT an option.

Reactions: dmross11

Registered
After 9000 miles I still have the stock pipes and I think they are a little loud. I like something that has a deep note at idle, rasp when you crank it, but is quiet when cruising. Being quiet when cruising is important to me because the loud noise gets obnoxious to me after a while. I think the Rinehart's come the closest to that but maybe the stock ones do. One things for sure it won't cost anything to continue running stock exhaust. If something goes wrong with these my dealer said they have a couple used sets they will sell real cheap.

Founding member / Distinguished
There have been people on this forum that just remove the baffling in the stock mufflers either by knocking out the plugs or cutting through with a hole saw. It's a cheap alternative to aftermarket slip-ons but once they're cut through it's near impossible to go back. I went the expensive route with the Stage One Ovals and like them a lot.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
There have been people on this forum that just remove the baffling in the stock mufflers either by knocking out the plugs or cutting through with a hole saw. It's a cheap alternative to aftermarket slip-ons but once they're cut through it's near impossible to go back. I went the expensive route with the Stage One Ovals and like them a lot.
I鈥檝e know guys that have done that before鈥sually on rat-bikes. Pretty sure I won鈥檛 do that on a $28k bike鈥︹t least not until some major depreciation sets in鈥︹

Founding member / Distinguished
I'm kinda past the loud pipes thing and the Stage One Ovals both look good and are just loud enough for me. Yeah on an expensive bike like this I wouldn't go cheapo either.

Registered
2020 Indian Challenger
I like Rineharts, too鈥.had them on my last bike. Did you re flash after you installed that, or not? Any decel popping? I dealt with that a lot on another bike that was FI鈥.never on a carbed bike, though鈥.
I bought my bike with the Stage 1 installed and put the Rineharts on at just over 300 miles. No noticeable popping. I think I've heard it a few times but not near my previous bike.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts