Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for advice from owners who have replaced the stock exhaust with aftermarket pipes, air filter and/or fuel commanders. Stage 1 doesn't seem loud enough, Bassani looks great, but the price is ridiculous ! I've heard Vance and Hines, they sounded pretty good, but just not sure yet. I'm looking for recommendations from people who've actually made the change and what you've got and how you like it. Thanks!

·
Founding member
1,482 Posts
I have V & H turndowns. Cheep way to go right now. Got mine at $229. Deep gutteral, rumbling sound, much better than stock and pleasant when traveling.. If you really want the sound that shakes the leaves off the trees, go with TAB performance with Zombie tips. Of course cams helps any exhaust sound better.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. I just spoke to Arlen Ness techs and they like Cobra slipons, anyone have an opinion on those?

·
Registered
7,995 Posts
TAB Performance Slip-ons with Zombie Baffles, they are a Forum Sponsor and you can get a Forum Discount from them.

Many Forum members are running them on their Indians

Check out YouTube for TAB on Indians and listen to the videos with good speakers or headphones, avoid cell phone speakers if you want to hear what they sound like

>---------> >---------> >--------->

Live Free - Ride Hard - Die Well

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
TAB Performance Slip-ons with Zombie Baffles, they are a Forum Sponsor and you can get a Forum Discount from them.

Many Forum members are running them on their Indians

Check out YouTube for TAB on Indians and listen to the videos with good speakers or headphones, avoid cell phone speakers if you want to hear what they sound like

>---------> >---------> >--------->

Live Free - Ride Hard - Die Well
Thanks Roadie, I checked those out and they seem great, good sound, and they're less then others! I checked on Cobra and Vance and Hines, and amazingly they haven't updated they're website and can't confirm whether their 2016 pipes will fit 2017 or 2018, so I'm leaning towards the TAB's.

·
Registered
305 Posts
A buddy of mine just put a Jekill & Hyde system on his Chieftain. Sounds pretty good!

home

Stephen

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys, I almost went with Tab Performance, but my Indian Dealership was able to get Rush War Horse pipes and I get points from the dealer for my purchase. I've listened to them all on line with good headphones and they all sound great with little to no difference. I also went with the Lloydz Indian Round air box. I've learned a lot and thanks for the input!

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have the TAB Performance BAM sticks with the 2.5" baffles. They are louder than stock but quieter than the Zombie baffles. Be sure to take the baffles out and remove the packing first. I'm really happy with them.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Picking an exhaust system is almost as personal as picking a wife or GF! Different people like different things. With that said I have Reinharts with Freedom True dual headers.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I have the TAB Performance BAM sticks with the 2.5" baffles. They are louder than stock but quieter than the Zombie baffles. Be sure to take the baffles out and remove the packing first. I'm really happy with them.
Do you have a sound clip? I've listened to the Zombies but to me they have a bit of a tinny sound that I don't hear with the 2.5's. To me the 2.5's although quieter seem to have a deeper tone that I like.

Edit: Did taking the packing off make much difference?

Stephen

·
Registered
305 Posts
Yes. Very.

Stephen

Reactions: Thunder Horse

·
Registered
265 Posts
I had the V&H Slip-on's from J&P for $299 on my 17 RM, sounded awesome, but didn't like the looks of the caps. So when I got my 18 RM, I called J&P and they told me that the $299 would not fit the 18??? So I check with the eservice dept. of my dealership and they said that there was no change and they should fit. Not knowing who to put stock in, & after looking around and taking cost into consideration, I'm lookin at the Thunderworks 111 Slash Cut for around $450.00

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
I had the V&H Slip-on's from J&P for $299 on my 17 RM, sounded awesome, but didn't like the looks of the caps. So when I got my 18 RM, I called J&P and they told me that the $299 would not fit the 18??? So I check with the eservice dept. of my dealership and they said that there was no change and they should fit. Not knowing who to put stock in, & after looking around and taking cost into consideration, I'm lookin at the Thunderworks 111 Slash Cut for around $450.00
The '17 and '18 fitment is identical.....J&P gave you the wrong info.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts