Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to pick up one of these awesome bikes this week but don't know all the options out there for exhaust! I would love a 2-1 for performance purposes. Any options?

Also, is there enough aftermarket support for this bike to get around 90-100 hp? Just curious

Thanks for any and all responses!

·
Registered
949 Posts
I am always looking at the Dirty Bird exhaust, even though it is the loudest, the design is beautiful and loses a lot of weight. Youtube some exhaust to help you out.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am always looking at the Dirty Bird exhaust, even though it is the loudest, the design is beautiful and loses a lot of weight. Youtube some exhaust to help you out.
I wish I could hear someone else's in person but I don't mind loud as long as it doesn't sound like garbage. I want it to sound mean but not distorted if that makes any sense at all. It does look good! Isn't it like a 5hp gain?

·
Registered
949 Posts
They say 10% hp gain. Don't know about torque. With air filter and tune, should run beautifully and make close to the power you want.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They say 10% hp gain. Don't know about torque. With air filter and tune, should run beautifully and make close to the power you want.
Thanks man! I may just that. I like the big air filter indian has in black. Have you ever heard the hacker pipe in person or seen it? Sounds good on YouTube for sure

·
Registered
958 Posts
So to clarify, we're talking 111. I have stage ones and that's all there were when I bought my Chieftain. Now you have a plethora of choices. I rode a RM with V&H turndowns on it and liked it better. Almost all of the HD riders at work have Rineharts and they sound good on them. I know they're coming out with pipes for 111 if not already. There's a Bassani option on the market as well. I have a theory on pipes, loud enough for the police to look, but not too loud you get pulled over. Dirty Birds come in the category of pulled over in my opinion. And if your in wi you can be facing a very hefty fine and have to take them off, not worth it in my opinion.

Reactions: SterlingDrive

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So to clarify, we're talking 111. I have stage ones and that's all there were when I bought my Chieftain. Now you have a plethora of choices. I rode a RM with V&H turndowns on it and liked it better. Almost all of the HD riders at work have Rineharts and they sound good on them. I know they're coming out with pipes for 111 if not already. There's a Bassani option on the market as well. I have a theory on pipes, loud enough for the police to look, but not too loud you get pulled over. Dirty Birds come in the category of pulled over in my opinion. And if your in wi you can be facing a very hefty fine and have to take them off, not worth it in my opinion.
I just want a 2-1 option that gives me max hp with decent sound! Thanks for the references I'm going to check them out! I don't like turndowns but I'll look at basani and rhineharts.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
6,027 Posts
I just want a 2-1 option that gives me max hp with decent sound! Thanks for the references I'm going to check them out! I don't like turndowns but I'll look at basani and rhineharts.
New pipes, even with a new AC and PC5 will not get you to 100hp. That's probably Stage II territory, possibly not even then. Right now there is nothing in the market for that. Hopefully Lloydz or S&S will soon have something for us. For now, any number of pipes will do the work to get you sounds. Add an intake and a tuneup on a dyno and you'll get a little more HP and torq. Welcome to the 111 and the forum.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Keep in mind that most modifications that give more horse power or more torque (not that lack of torque is an issue with the TS111) will change in some way the characteristics of the engine..
As a rule of thumb, for the same cam set up higher volumetric flow will push peak power higher in the rev range (increased intake size and to a lesser extent freer flowing exhaust. Higher air speed will push the peak power into a lower rev range smaller intake).
There are lots of other factors and it may not necessarily be a great difference or be bad, but when you change something you love the feel of it has consequences (nothing comes for free when you are talking engines and horse power.
Having said that I do like the idea of 100 ground shaking Horses on my Dark Horse but I think it will require csm changes to Mel the bike as it is but with more Horses at the wrist.

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
I'm supposed to be getting my Peace Pipes today from UPS.
Cool, if you can post some sound vids of it when you get them on that would be great. :D

·
Registered
853 Posts
PCV and Wimmer air cleaner = 85 hp and 109 torque have since added Freedom true dual headpipes and thought they were a bit loud at first but now I really like them. They sound good with the 4" Freedom mufflers. Butt dyno tells me I lost a little torque, I feel like I shift more but still pretty good, can run down to 25 mph in 4th gear and just roll on, you won't be winning any race that way but no bucking and snorting either just smooth pulling. Will have fine tuned this spring after I decide if S2 cams are going in or not.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts