Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm installing an 8ch amp with a pair of 5 1/4" and 8" speakers.

Can anyone tell me if the Ride Command headunit has low level output going to the factory amp on the speakers? I'm looking to see if I need to get some line out converters or if I can solder RCAs to the Ride Command outputs. The Diamond amp I'm installing doesn't have high level input.

Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm installing an 8ch amp with a pair of 5 1/4" and 8" speakers.

Can anyone tell me if the Ride Command headunit has low level output going to the factory amp on the speakers? I'm looking to see if I need to get some line out converters or if I can solder RCAs to the Ride Command outputs. The Diamond amp I'm installing doesn't have high level input.

Thanks
Did you ever get any feedback on this or figure anything out? I've heard of people having issues with aftermarket systems on indians. I'm trying to install a subwoofer in one of my bags.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm about 60% done the install. I don't like working in the garage during the winter. No heat makes for no fun in NH.

I was able to run high level into my amp. I grabbed the signal from the grey/grey bk and wht/wht bk wires from the ride command module. If you don't want to mess with the module, you can use the same wires from the factory speaker harness.

If your amp doesn't have hi level in, is recommend you grab a decent quality hilo converter.

·
Registered
415 Posts
I'm about 60% done the install. I don't like working in the garage during the winter. No heat makes for no fun in NH.

I was able to run high level into my amp. I grabbed the signal from the grey/grey bk and wht/wht bk wires from the ride command module. If you don't want to mess with the module, you can use the same wires from the factory speaker harness.

If your amp doesn't have hi level in, is recommend you grab a decent quality hilo converter.
Running a dsp would help you out a lot. You can do 2ch input (hi or low level) and depending on the dsp you can get 6,8,10 channel output. Also tunes way better than the amp can as well

·
Registered
9 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hi ware in nh ? im in auburn ,,, do you have any pics of wireing and ware did you put your amp/ thanks..
Manchester.

If you want to PM me your number I'll snap a few photos and text em to you. The amp will go in the right side saddle bag. I haven't built the amp rack yet due to no heat in the garage or motivation in winter.

If anyone wants to post pics of his they've mounted amps, that would be nice

1 - 9 of 9 Posts