Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone install an aftermarket air horn like the one below?

Love to know what you have, where and how you would install yours and your opinions on the modification.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
2019 Roadmaster matte black and gray
3,086 Posts
Had a screaming banshee on my scout. Loved it. Really loud, and flashes your headlight to gain attention. Saved my arse numerous times, including the one I caught on camera here:

·
Registered
756 Posts
Have a Denali soundbomb.

It's great, love it. The best upgrade you can get it. It's stopped a lot of people from changing lanes on top of me. There's a bracket for the scout you can order with it. Uses one of the bolt holes for the crash guard.

Can use the existing horn wiring. Don't need the wiring kit.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Yes, I do.

I purchased mine from Revzillasoundbomb LINK

You will find accessories, such as a wiring kit and bracket, in the right column.

I went all-in on the wiring following the directions in Part 2. Wiring the Horn in the instruction manual found HERE

·
Registered
442 Posts
Yes, I do.

I purchased mine from Revzillasoundbomb LINK

You will find accessories, such as a wiring kit and bracket, in the right column.

I went all-in on the wiring following the directions in Part 2. Wiring the Horn in the instruction manual found HERE
Didn’t @Roadkill say you do NOT need to spend the extra money on the wire harness and just use the OEM?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Didn’t @Roadkill say you do NOT need to spend the extra money on the wire harness and just use the OEM?
Yes, but...
The soundbomb draws more current than the original horn. That's the point for the heavier gauge wire to the horn, the higher amp fuse, and using the original wiring to power the relay. My thinking is better safe than sorry.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Yes, but...
The soundbomb draws more current than the original horn. That's the point for the heavier gauge wire to the horn, the higher amp fuse, and using the original wiring to power the relay. My thinking is better safe than sorry.
Nah.

If the Scout wiring was undersized it would fry the wire or the horn just wouldn't work.

Guy I work with sold me on the Denali after hearing it on his bobber. He did the wiring harness. I bought the harness but for shits and giggles hooked it up with stock wire. Ok, I was lazy and wanted to see if I could get out of lifting the tank. It works just as well as my coworker's. It's been doing great for over a year and a half now.

Some bikes do need the harness, the Scout doesn't. That harness is universal for any bike. It's one of those cases where they take a universal and slap a bike specific tag on the label to make you think you need it.

If you mount the Denali where it's intended to go on the Scout, it'll be a tight run with stock wire though. Absolutely zero slack.

If you hook it up on the stock wire and it doesn't work, you just put the wires on backwards. Easy to do because both wires on the stock are black.

Try the stock wire first. If you have trouble, get the harness. You're not losing anything by trying and probably saving the time and money for the harness install. You're not going to hurt the horn regardless.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts