Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Having spent multiple days demo riding all the versions of the new Indian Chief I found myself wanting something different..The Chiefs all have that crappy rear suspension and none of the dealers would haggle on the price. Sooooo I found this 2020 Moto Guzzi Elorado with 900 miles and one year left on the warranty(there's a dealer 5 miles from my winter home).
"DON'T HATE ME". This is just an experiment, a good price and a year to play with it. The biggest V-twin(1400) made in Europe and this motor has a paint shaker feel at start up and idle that gives off a Harley-like buzz, I like it so far! View attachment 667004
Rock and Roll, Dale!
I love that 1400cc engine. Tons of power and CHARACTER!
That's a great bike. I have no dealers within hours of here, or I'd be riding a 'Guzzi.

A much better bike than the Chief, honestly. It rides better, handles better, and has superior suspension, shaft drive and better electronics.

I like the Chief ..... But it's a small, basic motorcycle for a lot of $$

·
Registered
Dark Horse
392 Posts
Now you've got me looking at the Guzzi website. The Eldorado is definitely my favorite of the bunch, no dealers around here though.

·
Founding member
965 Posts
Always liked Moto Guzzi but never rode one. Was looking at a MGX-21 a few years ago. I like the idea of having something uncommon. But if your worried. About how close is the stealership forget it. I did demo ride a new base model BMW R 18 and really liked it.

·
Registered
2021 Roadmaster
46 Posts
I have owned five Moto Guzzis at one time or another, and have put more than 250,000 miles on them collectively - more than 140,000 on my Norge alone. I still have a Griso sitting in the garage next to my Roadmaster. They are wonderful, under-appreciated bikes, durable, comfortable, and distinctive. They are simple to maintain, and have a community of owners that is the best bunch you can imagine.

Ping me if you need any suggestions on maintenance, etc., and make the WildGuzzi forum a bookmark.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Sure, if you think Cruise Control, Ride Modes, Navigation and a 116 are basic. But, it is not a good 2-up bike, which is where it falls down, I think. TETO ✌
Guzzi had all that LOOOONG ago, lol.
Indian is playing catch up. Indian and Hardley don't hold a candle to the European makers' sophistication.

The Guzzi is definitely a superior machine in many ways.

Ride one. Read up on it. They're impressive.

Their 1400 cc engine will leave the Indian 111 in the dust.
Note:. Moto Guzzis published hp/torque are at the rear wheel, not at the crank like the American makers

·
Bronze member
2,370 Posts
I love the looks of these bikes, in fact I just posted pictures of one, in the Eye Candy Bikes thread.
I want one, but can't find one close enough to ride and see in person.

·
Rider
1,233 Posts
Having spent multiple days demo riding all the versions of the new Indian Chief I found myself wanting something different..The Chiefs all have that crappy rear suspension and none of the dealers would haggle on the price. Sooooo I found this 2020 Moto Guzzi Elorado with 900 miles and one year left on the warranty(there's a dealer 5 miles from my winter home).
"DON'T HATE ME". This is just an experiment, a good price and a year to play with it. The biggest V-twin(1400) made in Europe and this motor has a paint shaker feel at start up and idle that gives off a Harley-like buzz, I like it so far! View attachment 667004
Did they have a new V100 watercooled on the floor? I'm very interested in that bike! Won't be selling my 2016 Chieftain though.

·
Founding Member
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Did they have a new V100 watercooled on the floor? I'm very interested in that bike! Won't be selling my 2016 Chieftain though.
No V100, the dealer couldn’t come up with the showroom space to make Moto Guzzi happy, so they only do service and special order bikes.

Reactions: Kost
21 - 33 of 33 Posts