Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Founding Member
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Having spent multiple days demo riding all the versions of the new Indian Chief I found myself wanting something different..The Chiefs all have that crappy rear suspension and none of the dealers would haggle on the price. Sooooo I found this 2020 Moto Guzzi Elorado with 900 miles and one year left on the warranty(there's a dealer 5 miles from my winter home).
"DON'T HATE ME". This is just an experiment, a good price and a year to play with it. The biggest V-twin(1400) made in Europe and this motor has a paint shaker feel at start up and idle that gives off a Harley-like buzz, I like it so far!
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system

Attachments

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Hey whatever you like, ride it. Why go the guzzi route instead of a 2020 Indian chief or Springfield?

·
Registered
2012 Indian Chief Vintage . 2016 Indian Roadmaster
1,040 Posts
Keep us posted, Guzzi is a storied brand like Indian

·
Founding Member
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey whatever you like, ride it. Why go the guzzi route instead of a 2020 Indian chief or Springfield?
My Chieftain is still my favorite Touring machine, but this is such a fun bike to twist the wick on. It's going to be my around town/short trip bike for a while. The acceleration up to the 7 grand red line is addicting.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
My Chieftain is still my favorite Touring machine, but this is such a fun bike to twist the wick on. It's going to be my around town/short trip bike for a while. The acceleration up to the 7 grand red line is addicting.
Lol good answer. I wanted a second Indian, but they didn’t have anything that would fit the bill to compliment my roadmaster. Ended up with a scout, selling it, and buying a Harley pan am. I love the look and feel of guzzies and ducatis, but I just don’t have good dealers available.

·
Silver member
3,701 Posts
I've got a 2015 California 1400, which is basically a variation of the same bike. It is a great bike. I like the fact that is less heavy than the Indian and Harley baggers.

Even though I love it, I may sell this year and get either one of the new Moto Guzzi adventure bikes or a Royal Enfield twin.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
6,055 Posts
While I've never had a Moto Guzzi I have always thought that they were cool bikes. I agree on the Chief's rear suspension which is too much like that on the Scout. I had a 2019 Scout and it was the rear suspension that ruined the ownership experience for me. I now have a 2020 Challenger and it rides much better.

·
Bronze member
2,379 Posts
Glad you found one. But, did you honestly think after coming off a chieftain that you would get the same ride quality? I have a '21 Springfield and '22 chief and love both for their individual characteristics. Ride safe and enjoy the new scoot.

·
Senior member / rider
1,623 Posts
Not sure why anyone would hate you. I wish you luck. I do hope there's a dealer reasonably close...

·
Founding Member
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Glad you found one. But, did you honestly think after coming off a chieftain that you would get the same ride quality? I have a '21 Springfield and '22 chief and love both for their individual characteristics. Ride safe and enjoy the new scoot.
I actually like the ride quality on the Guzzi in town better than myChieftain. Once I get bags and a windshield, we’ll see about the long haul comfort.

·
Registered
2022 Chief Bobber Dark Horse, 2021 Vintage, 2019 FTR-RR, 2021 Scout Bobber, 1977 Yamaha XS750
786 Posts
What TedMan said!
Love my 21’ Vintage and 22’ Chief Bobber Dark Horse for different reasons. I’m a Indian guy. Never even thought about owning a Guzzi. But to each his own. (No one is dealing on new motorcycles right now. New inventory is short and paying sticker is the norm.)

·
Registered
Indian Chieftain Ltd 2018
71 Posts
Having spent multiple days demo riding all the versions of the new Indian Chief I found myself wanting something different..The Chiefs all have that crappy rear suspension and none of the dealers would haggle on the price. Sooooo I found this 2020 Moto Guzzi Elorado with 900 miles and one year left on the warranty(there's a dealer 5 miles from my winter home).
"DON'T HATE ME". This is just an experiment, a good price and a year to play with it. The biggest V-twin(1400) made in Europe and this motor has a paint shaker feel at start up and idle that gives off a Harley-like buzz, I like it so far! View attachment 667004
wonderful bike, sadly discontinued, but a keeper, and incomparable to any other bike, forget comparing it with any american of german cruiser twin. It's of its own culture - aside from "better or not".

I suggest a pilgrimage to lake como, really, with a moto guzzi (rented if necessary).

Be sure you have a passionate service person, check for a relaxed club.

Have Fun, Moto Guzzi will never build something like this or the california and original V7 before, ever again

·
Registered
Indian Chieftain Ltd 2018
71 Posts
Lol good answer. I wanted a second Indian, but they didn’t have anything that would fit the bill to compliment my roadmaster. Ended up with a scout, selling it, and buying a Harley pan am. I love the look and feel of guzzies and ducatis, but I just don’t have good dealers available.
yeah, in most cases you buy the service-partner, rather than the bike.

·
Registered
19 Posts
2 weeks ago, I went from a 2019 scout bobber to a 2022 chief bobber. The rear suspension on the chief is like a feather bed to me! Love the Guzzis though!

·
Registered
Dark Horse
392 Posts
Nice, I have a 21 Springfield and want a 22 Chief as a side bike. Easier to take to Daytona as well.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts