Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I currently own a heavily modified sportster that is probably neck and neck with this stock Scout. I love working on my bike and it has me wondering about after market parts. Obviously it will be awhile before there is a good after market following. I wonder however what after market parts could already fit. Do the pegs have the same size mount as other cruisers, making just about any pegs usable? What size diameter are the handlebars? Suspension is an area I love to work on and I see the scout has 41mm forks. Will valves and springs and whatnot meant for harley fit? I wonder what the total length of the Scout's shocks are and the size of the holes, could aftermarket shocks already fit? I wonder what other parts may already fit, any ideas?

I cant wait to see this bike in person, I will probably show up with a measuring tape! Alas I am getting ahead of myself, it will be awhile before I can get a new bike, plus I am curious if different variations will be made.

·
Registered
958 Posts
maybe a café style ?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Have you taken one apart yet Deldovacycles?

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
So I currently own a heavily modified sportster that is probably neck and neck with this stock Scout. I love working on my bike and it has me wondering about after market parts. Obviously it will be awhile before there is a good after market following. I wonder however what after market parts could already fit. Do the pegs have the same size mount as other cruisers, making just about any pegs usable? What size diameter are the handlebars? Suspension is an area I love to work on and I see the scout has 41mm forks. Will valves and springs and whatnot meant for harley fit? I wonder what the total length of the Scout's shocks are and the size of the holes, could aftermarket shocks already fit? I wonder what other parts may already fit, any ideas?

I cant wait to see this bike in person, I will probably show up with a measuring tape! Alas I am getting ahead of myself, it will be awhile before I can get a new bike, plus I am curious if different variations will be made.
1.) Aftermarket parts? Growing weekly. Exhaust, fuel tuners pretty commonplace. H-bars, lighting, body work, etc available from various vendors. Mirrors use 10mm thread.
2.) Scout peg mounts are unique. You can make some Kuryakyn mounts work.
3.) Handlebars are 1" and taper to 7/8" for grips/controls. Various grips available.
4.) Suspension options limited as of now. Traxxion, K-Tech have options but are pricey. You can find Race Tech fork springs that will work. Progressive and Ohlins are developing products now.
5.) Scout shocks are 11.5" center/center and use 10mm bolts.
Use the search to find items you're looking for. Many of us are trying different things.,.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Troop,
Which swing arm bad do you use? pix?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts