Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am interested in different aftermarket windshields people have tried. I am 6'7" and looking to get a taller one. Looking at klock werks, show chrome accessories, the indian flip one that looks like klock werks and a few others. If anyone has pics or reviews of windshield I would love to hear.

·
Bronze member
2,263 Posts
The IM flip windshield is a Klockwerks, branded as IM. I like my flip IM, but I'm 5'9. Have no idea what size you'd need.

·
Rider
824 Posts
not trying to be funny but you prob going to have one custom made.But that also depends if your ht is from leg lenth or upper .
That's very true, I'm 6 ft tall, short inseam of 30", my height comes from waist up.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
I’m very happy with my 14” Freedom Windshield. I’m 5’9” so you might like the 16” one. For me the 14” is about at mouth level. Ninety percent of the the time it works well all the way down. If the wind gets really bad I can raise it up and look through it. The nice thing about Freedom is you can return the windshield if you don’t remove the protective film.

Also if you email the owner (John) from their website he’ll help you pick the correct height.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Rider
853 Posts
I am 6ft 33 inseam and 14 0 is perfect for me.
Its about 3" below eyesight and airflow goes right over head. There is additional I can raise but not needed. Medium tint and clarity throughout is first rate.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I’m short at 5’8” and have the 12” freedom very happy with it! Had the Indian version of a Klock werks hated it to much air buffering!

·
Early joiner
72 Posts
Also check out long ride shields. I currently have on my Chieftain and also had on my Electra glide. Very pleased with look and performance. I think it comes on a 12” and a 14”. The 12” with the windshield raised all the way works great for me at highway speed. Around town I keep it all the way down. Way better than the stock. I am 5’11”

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Freedom is great to do business with. The owner john is a great guy. Small family business out of colorado. I originally ordered wrong size and was replaced no problem.

·
Rider
737 Posts
I’m 5’9”, I have a Klock Werks 10” and the Indian 13.7”. The 10” is great for around town with just enough protection for speeds of 60 and below. For long highway rides I switch to the 13.7” and it’s perfect when combined with my JES deflectors.

If you want an accident way to measure put your current shield at full height. Take some cardboard and painters tape it to the top the windshield. Using a level measure from the tip of your nose to the cardboard and make a mark. Measure from the middle bolt hole to the top of the cardboard, that’s the size klock werks you’d need.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts