Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Bronze member
1,760 Posts
I have no idea on that part but if you’re wanting Indian specific or Indian quality just watch the for sale ads here
There’s usually a few each month that pop up for sale

·
Premium Member
1,768 Posts
Is anyone using this $140 seat rail for the TS111 models? I saw this on Amazon and know it needs the rubber bumpers but wondered about the overall fitment/quality. Any feedback appreciated.

Amazon.com: USA E55 Solo Rider Grab Rail Chrome 4 Indian Chief Chieftain: Automotive
I found one, very similar, on Ebay in the same price range and installed in on my wife's CDH. It looks fine and has not presented any problems. Not the best photo below, but all I have handy.

20190504_103042.jpg

Reactions: Geoff-3

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I found one, very similar, on Ebay in the same price range and installed in on my wife's CDH. It looks fine and has not presented any problems. Not the best photo below, but all I have handy.

View attachment 518524
Thanks! Did it have the rubber bumpers on it? If not, what did you use to protect the paint?

Kathy

·
Silver member
4,563 Posts
Thanks! Did it have the rubber bumpers on it? If not, what did you use to protect the paint?

Kathy
Kathy - Zoom in on WHARFs photo and you will see that the rail actually sits above the rear fender. I bought a used one off the site here for my Vintage, and mine did not have the rubber thingys. My rail sits about 3/8 to 1/2 inch above the fender, same as in WHARFs pic. The rail is fairly stout when in place and I don't believe it will even get close to fender/paint. If you get one w/o the rubber bumpers and are worried about it, you could silicone/glue a piece of rubber or felt pads to the bottom of the rail.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Kathy - Zoom in on WHARFs photo and you will see that the rail actually sits above the rear fender. I bought a used one off the site here for my Vintage, and mine did not have the rubber thingys. My rail sits about 3/8 to 1/2 inch above the fender, same as in WHARFs pic. The rail is fairly stout when in place and I don't believe it will even get close to fender/paint. If you get one w/o the rubber bumpers and are worried about it, you could silicone/glue a piece of rubber or felt pads to the bottom of the rail.
Thanks for the info. I, too, was thinking it wouldn't be hard to find something to attach to that area.

I guess I'll go ahead and pull the trigger since I think most folks have been fairly pleased with their "off-brand" chrome items.

Kathy

·
Silver member
4,563 Posts
Thanks for the info. I, too, was thinking it wouldn't be hard to find something to attach to that area.

I guess I'll go ahead and pull the trigger since I think most folks have been fairly pleased with their "off-brand" chrome items.

Kathy
I generally go used or off brand for bolt on or bling goodies. I bought "imported" rear crash bars for my Vintage last year, they cost about $65ish. Fit and finish are excellent and way less $$ than OEM. What the heck, both likely come from China.

·
Premium Member
1,768 Posts

Kathy
What @WillyH said. I think I used a spot of silicone or a rubber sticky door bumper under the rack to make sure it did not scratch the paint. Those little silicone sticky bumpers you get at the hardware store for cabinet doors.

https://www.amazon.com/Cabinet-Diam...jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

Reactions: BHlvr

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks, guys, for the feedback! I was thinking about those peel and stick rubber bumpers, too. I appreciate that someone else has tried 'em and reports no problems.

Kathy

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

I received the seat rail but they failed to include the hardware that is supposed to accompany it. Do you have any idea what size screws I need to get? The photo on Amazon indicates that it should have had 2 screws and 4 washers......

Thanks for any info.
Kathy

·
Silver member
4,922 Posts
Check you other thread. I posted the information for you.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts