Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any word on after market pipes? D&D, V&H, Ness honkers?

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I contacted Rinehart a few weeks ago and they aren't planning on making anything for the Indians. Someone posted a picture on another Indian forum of a picture of a set that someone is working on but it looked butt ugly.

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hear Ness will have air intake and slip-ons in the spring. Wish Rinehart would reconsider the 111 would sound aweome played through them.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rush mufflers will be working on slip-ons as soon as they get a bike to do the testing on. Any volunteers?

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I found thies but i'm not a fan. http://www.samsonusa.com
I was hping D&D would make a set. I emailed them but never got a responce.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just got this responce from D&D:
Good afternoon.
Yes we do have plans on making something for the Indians. That bike is all ready in our line up in the R&D Department. Unfortunately I do not currently have a release date for it. The best guess would be some time the first part of next year.
Once we have something started on it and a better guideline for a release date we will post it on our website under the 'What's New' & 'R&D' tabs.
Thank you for your support and interest we really do appreciate it!
Have a great day!

Best regards,
Brittney
D&D Performance Ent
2923 Edith Ln
Ft Worth, TX 76117
Phone: 817-834-8961
Fax: 817-831-426

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I contacted Vance & Hines concerning plans for Indian exhaust systems. Their reply to me was that there is nothing currently in the works for the Indian bikes.

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Seems that many manufacturers are going to wait and see how many Indians actually get sold before ramping up tooling and production on new exhaust systems. Can't blame them with the recent history of Indian failures. I think the Polaris Indian is here to stay, at least for the foreseeable future, so it will just be a matter of time until the aftermarket manufacturers start to notice.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Contacted CFR and they are going to have them in January.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thinking of buying the Indian Stage 1 pipes off Ebay. Has anyone had a dealer do the EFI recalibration? Can a non-indian dealer do it, or does it need a particular set up / code system to do it?

Thanks.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I talked to Vance and Hines at a dealer meeting and they told me that they were working on pipes

Donald

20046 said:
I contacted Vance & Hines concerning plans for Indian exhaust systems. Their reply to me was that there is nothing currently in the works for the Indian bikes.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
18875 said:
Thinking of buying the Indian Stage 1 pipes off Ebay. Has anyone had a dealer do the EFI recalibration? Can a non-indian dealer do it, or does it need a particular set up / code system to do it?

Thanks.
Flash has to be done at the Dealer, not sure the cost of just the flash but when I had my Vic flashed for the S&S it only cost my around $60.00 at my Vic Dealership.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I was told during the dealer walk around while taking delivery of my Chieftain, there is a PIN number associated with each set of mufflers. If something happened were the computer needed to be flashed again and you lost that PIN you would have to purchase a new set of pipes. Time will tell if this was a accurate statement or not. Maybe someone knows if this is some new EPA crap?

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I sell new outboard motors and EPA rules have #s on anything that is on the same deal with ECM on them !We can not swap parts

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
16205 said:
I sell new outboard motors and EPA rules have #s on anything that is on the same deal with ECM on them !We can not swap parts
Sorry, don't quite get what you mean. Could you elaborate a bit?

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Located inside the Stage 1 box is a sealed packet. Through the plastic it reads as follows:

INDIAN PERFORMANCE CALIBRATION ID:
The CALIBRATION ID NUMBER shown below may be used to authorize reprogramming of one vehicle. The ID # must be entered on the authorization website to obtain an AUTHORIZATION KEY.

The ID NUMBER is only valid for the vehicle or perfomance level indicated and cannot be used for other unauthorized purposes.

ID NUMBERS may only be used once. This card is the proof of purchase and cannot be replaced if lost or damaged.

Refer to the Reprogramming Authorization Website for additional details and information.

CALIBRATION ID: ********

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
19953 said:
Located inside the Stage 1 box is a sealed packet. Through the plastic it reads as follows:

INDIAN PERFORMANCE CALIBRATION ID:
The CALIBRATION ID NUMBER shown below may be used to authorize reprogramming of one vehicle. The ID # must be entered on the authorization website to obtain an AUTHORIZATION KEY.

The ID NUMBER is only valid for the vehicle or perfomance level indicated and cannot be used for other unauthorized purposes.

ID NUMBERS may only be used once. This card is the proof of purchase and cannot be replaced if lost or damaged.

Refer to the Reprogramming Authorization Website for additional details and information.

CALIBRATION ID: ********
Thats good to know. Thanks.

If Indian dealers are going to charge excessively for reprogramming the ECU, I was wondering about getting the bike fitted with a 'Power Commander' or something similar, and having an individual Dyno Tune done. I believe that would get the maximum benefit from the pipes or any other mods, and specifically tailor the remap to the individual bike.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm not an Indian owner myself, I just get to play with it. My business partner bought a Vintage a couple of months ago, he had the pipes and reflash done by the dealer (Gregory Polaris) before he had the bike picked up.
This could be why we never experienced the heat issues that were expected, or surging issues like some said and maybe a few more issues. What the stock pipes sound like, we don't know, but these hiflo fishtails sound great and seem to perform very well. For EPA and warrenty purposes, I'd be more inclined to stick with what the dealer offers.
On a side note, keeping a factory exhaust system on these first year, numbered bikes, could help the value of the bike in 20 or so years should they keep with it. Most bikes that are seen as collectable maintain value only as long as all the stock parts stay with them.
EASY

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
18875 said:
Thats good to know. Thanks.

If Indian dealers are going to charge excessively for reprogramming the ECU, I was wondering about getting the bike fitted with a 'Power Commander' or something similar, and having an individual Dyno Tune done. I believe that would get the maximum benefit from the pipes or any other mods, and specifically tailor the remap to the individual bike.
My dealer threw in the remap time with the install of the pipes. I think it was an hour total. Nothing excessive here.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts