Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happy Labor Day to all. I'd like to get some bars that are flat/matte. Recommendations based on looks, ease of installation and quality would be appreciated. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
554 Posts
TCMT Rear highway bars from Amazon. Probably the same china steel that Indian uses but only costs $60.00 +/- on Amazon. Had them on my 19 CDH for about a year now. No issues.

·
Senior member / gold
6,951 Posts
If you download the Alibaba or the AliExpress app to your phone, you can order directly from TCMT and save some coin. Keep in mind that they are shipped directly from the factory in China, so it takes a little while for shipping. I have the chrome ones on my Dark Horse and have noticed no quality issues. They are identical to Indian's overpriced units.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Indian overpriced. I agree. I want and try to support my local Indian dealer but every time I go there I feel like I am getting ripped off. I hate that because I feel like we, as Indian owners, are getting no love at all.

·
Senior member / gold
6,951 Posts
Indian overpriced. I agree. I want and try to support my local Indian dealer but every time I go there I feel like I am getting ripped off. I hate that because I feel like we, as Indian owners, are getting no love at all.
Indian's bars are Chinese made. Truth be told, TCMT probably manufactures them for Indian.

·
Registered
167 Posts
TCMT Rear highway bars from Amazon. Probably the same china steel that Indian uses but only costs $60.00 +/- on Amazon. Had them on my 19 CDH for about a year now. No issues.
your tip on TCMT is gonna save me over $300. their store on aliexpress have the passenger seat and backrest/luggage rack for about half the price of what Indian charges for the same thing. hopefully it's the same and not an awful knockoff.

·
Registered
554 Posts
I had no idea they had a "store" on AliExpress. That's good news. Bookmarked and thank you. I just thought they only had stuff for sale on Amazon.

your tip on TCMT is gonna save me over $300. their store on aliexpress have the passenger seat and backrest/luggage rack for about half the price of what Indian charges for the same thing. hopefully it's the same and not an awful knockoff.

·
Senior member / gold
6,951 Posts
I had no idea they had a "store" on AliExpress. That's good news. Bookmarked and thank you. I just thought they only had stuff for sale on Amazon.
Just keep in mind that shipping from China to the U.S. can often take anywhere from a week to a month. There is a good savings there, but don't be in a hurry to get it. As an avid orderer of stuff from China, when you receive it, it feels like Christmas, because you often forget what you ordered. Lol!

·
Registered
554 Posts
Yup I'm aware of the lengthy shipping times and sometimes the stuff doesn't show up at all - that's happened to me allot. Thank goodness for PayPal - they've always refunded the money.

·
Senior member / gold
6,951 Posts
Yup I'm aware of the lengthy shipping times and sometimes the stuff doesn't show up at all - that's happened to me allot. Thank goodness for PayPal - they've always refunded the money.
98% of everything I've ordered, I've received. TCMT has a good reputation. I don't think they would tarnish it for a few hundred dollars. Any time I haven't received something, the company voluntarily, either refunds me, or re-ships to me.

·
Registered
554 Posts
I should have specified "ordering from China" where I've not received items that I've ordered ... my fault.

·
Registered
111 Posts
only issue with my tcmt crash bars was the matte black paint has started to get a powdery look - but easy enough to pull off and take a trip to the powder coater - way less expensive than the indian ones.

·
Registered
167 Posts
actually their stuff on their amazon store is about the same prices as their aliexpress store. a few variances, and still way way less than buying directly from Indian. i recently received the passenger seat and sissybar with backrest and luggage rack and they all look great. only difference i've noticed is that the passenger backrest pad doesn't have the white stitching outlining it like Indian's has. still waiting on my new bike to get shipped to me so i haven't installed them yet, but so far glad with my purchase that cost me a little more than $400 total where Indian would have charged me $1230 before tax and shipping. again, that's $1230. before tax and shipping. for the same items. saved me over $800.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks to all for your input on this thread. Got the TCMT front bars and they work great. Came with the appropriate bolts. No instructions unfortunately. I just needed to know to remove the floorboard, which was a snap. Ordered from Amazon and I am very happy with the whole deal.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts