Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, what after market exhaust would you recommend for a 16 Roadmaster? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
928 Posts
I have the Indian stage 1. They’re quiet but I got a great deal on them. They’re fine. My brother has the Reinhardt. They’re awesome. Sounds deep and powerful without being obnoxious.

·
Rider
1,568 Posts
Lots of info in the 111 performance section. Make sure when you order its for hard baggers like yours as they have support brackets on them for the hard bags.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have the Reinhardts with the stage two setup love them , deep sounding and loud enough for me when you get on it.. hope it helps

·
Registered
143 Posts
I have a set of Samson fishtail on my Springfield They are great looking pipes and they sound good, better than the Indian Stage 1 fishtail I had on my Roadmaster. Sadly I don't think they are going to make them anymore. But you could always try.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I put TAB slip-on's with 2.5 baffel, a little deeper/louder than stock at idle, but sound way better when accelerating hard than the stock
Muffler's, not obnoxious loud as the zombie baffles.

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
I don't think you can really go wrong with any decision, just depends on what you want.

I have the Indian Stage I exhaust with the Fuel Moto Jackpot Header. I like everything about how my bike sounds. My buddy says that it's a definite change and is much louder when I'm in front.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
2019 Roadmaster matte black and gray
3,058 Posts
Second that on the vance and hines. Currently have a set installed with some big city thunder baffles on until this weekend.

Love them, but found they're a little too loud (wife tells me so). So I'm getting a set of blacked out indian stage 1s and exhaust shields put on this weekend.

The vance and hines are currently up in eBay with 2 days left in the auction if you're interested.....

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have the Indian stage 1's and I think they sound a little "ratty" I am thinking about taking the plugs out of the stock pipes and giving those a try.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I had the stage 1s, and they weren't loud enough for me. Got this video from my YT channel floating around here I've posted for others. But it's a comparison of the stage 1s and TAB Performance Zombie baffle slip ons. Love the sound of the Zombies a lot! Still got the stage 1 slip ons I'm looking to get rid of. Timestamps in the description to go right to the sound comparison.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
2019 Roadmaster matte black and gray
3,058 Posts
I watched that video when trying to decide on my pipes

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Rider
1,210 Posts
Out of all my years working the service department at Indian. Riding hundreds of customer's bikes and hearing them pull into my service bays. With every kit coming through. The best sounding bike I ever heard was a gutted cat, with Vance & Hines turn downs. Nice and deep throaty sound and definitely no where near annoying or deafening loud. Cam's make it even better. That customers bike always turned heads. And whenever a tech started it up in a service bay, customers in the showroom would hear the deep rumble through the walls and their ears would perk up and they would soon walk outside to see what bike that was.

My very least favorite that sounds like shite! And I'm glad no one here has mentioned it yet in this thread. Would be any with the full Freedom header and pipe kit with fishtails. Most annoying system on a T111/T116.

·
Premium Member
468 Posts
I’ve read on this forum quite a few members say the OEM pipes are really good if you knock the plugs out and go cat less.

Reactions: Moto_Max
1 - 20 of 20 Posts