Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys , after I changed tiers for my RM 2015 with Dunlop wide white-wall, [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]
I felt a vibration after speed 60km ( 40 mile)
my bike now 37800 km ( 23600 mile )
anyone have experience for that issue
Do I change any other part ?​
[/COLOR]

·
Bronze member
1,242 Posts
Did you have a radial tire installed on the back? I've never seen a wide white wall tire as a low profile radial before.
As Jeknow mentions above, when vibration begins after changing tires, the first thing to consider is balancing. Do you see weights attached to the wheels? Did you have the tires changed by an experienced shop that has a wheel balancer?

·
Bronze member
3,378 Posts
Try ride on balancer,I run a bias reproduction of the avon safety mileage,and a radial car tire on the back.
Smooth ride and no weights stuck to the rim.

·
German rider
797 Posts
Got such speed (not gear) related vibration from apx. 30-50 mph after new Metzeler 888 WW tires at day one.
Changed pressure, let have them checked at another garage corp, renewed the front wheel bearings then.
No success.
Changed to another product, Avon WW
surprise, all is well.
Rear tire (still Metzeler) is making crazy sounds in same range but not such bad vibes till hands got numb like with Metzeler on front.

And another inspection of the dismounted tire with no result, could sell this like new.
Its still hanging on the wall as a sign to his bad tire buddys not to try again.

·
Bronze member
2,292 Posts
Got such speed (not gear) related vibration from apx. 30-50 mph after new Metzeler 888 WW tires at day one.
Changed pressure, let have them checked at another garage corp, renewed the front wheel bearings then.
No success.
Changed to another product, Avon WW
surprise, all is well.
Back tire is still making crazy sounds in same range but not such bad vibes till hands got numb like with Metzeler on front.

And another inspection of the dismounted tire with no result, could sell this like new.
Its still hanging on the wall as a sign to his bad tire buddys not to try again.
And I got heat from some bully in our local UAE IMRG group for hating Metzelers. I too went from desintegrating 888 WWWs (rear tire tread seperation) to Avons (on my second set now).
Here some info from a German (Zoidberg) in Germany where Metzelers supposed to be top notch!
OP has Dunlops though ...

You should check balancing and wheel out of round issues first though ... some shops when mounting the tires carelessly bend the brake disks as well (does not necessarily show in brake feel/pulsation!).

Sent from my SM-N976Q using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts