Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Texas Hill Country
4,697 Posts
Yeah, me too.
I'm going to be watching this thread.
My Indian leans over so far that it scares me.
I just don't ride that aggressive anymore.
I'd be willing to sacrifice a few degrees of lean angle for comfort.

·
Founding member
954 Posts
Sounds like a great idea for us taller riders. Won't work with front crash bar. And what about shifter location? When I want to lean will ride one of my 500 singles.

·
Super Moderator
4,926 Posts
Sounds like a great idea for us taller riders. Won't work with front crash bar. And what about shifter location?
Good points Eddie!! ....and if anyone wants to sell their front crashbar just let me know!! ;)

·
Registered
236 Posts
Sounds like a great idea for us taller riders. Won't work with front crash bar. And what about shifter location? When I want to lean will ride one of my 500 singles.
The shifter is attached to the floorboard, so the geometry should be the same. The shifter rod is adjustable. I too find it mounted too high, but that is one of the few faults I have with the bike.

·
Texas Hill Country
4,697 Posts
No crashbar?
Where am I gonna stick my highway pegs?
Scratch this plan.

·
Registered
362 Posts
On a different forum, poster made a set of brackets that lower the boards 1.5" and he still has his crash guards on....apperantly it can be done. I have a copy of his drawing, no specs though. Not sure why Aeromach hasn't developed them yet...maybe they will or maybe the demand isn't there, not sure.

·
Gold Supporting Member
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, me too.
I'm going to be watching this thread.
My Indian leans over so far that it scares me.
I just don't ride that aggressive anymore.
I'd be willing to sacrifice a few degrees of lean angle for comfort.
I finally order the Aeromach Floorboard lowering kit after a long ride last weekend, I decided for more leg comfort. Photos and install notes to follow after I get them from Aeromach.

·
Bronze member
1,605 Posts
I went a different direction, since I really wanted to keep the crash bars.

Worked with Corbin to get a seat made that is 1" up and 1" back. I have it and it looks really good, but haven't installed on the bike yet. We shall see...

·
Registered
362 Posts
I went with a Corbin also, I think the seats come an inch taller and the they set you an inch or two further back from the factory. As a side note, the taller seat makes the bike handle different,,,,,better... IMO...Changes the balance point I think.

·
Bronze member
1,605 Posts
Yup, the corbin seat does sit you an inch back. I worked with them on the shape and making it an inch higher and had a different pattern on the stitching (the diamond pattern was a little too busy for me).

I have not had great luck with Corbin's in the past, so I am hoping this does the trick and can make the bike easier to ride for longer than 300 miles.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I finally order the Aeromach Floorboard lowering kit after a long ride last weekend, I decided for more leg comfort. Photos and install notes to follow after I get them from Aeromach.
Congrats, Looking forward to how this turns out.

·
Registered
37 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have the lowering kit installed and put my crash bars back on with a kit I made out of quarter inch stainless steel and 4 new bolts.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Enzo, did you get them mounted? Any problems?

·
Registered
265 Posts
Not sure of what @BORN2XCELL did for a mod, pics would be nice, but stock with highway bars, the floorboards can only be lowered to the middle set of holes on the aeromach bracket, that gives you about 3/4'' down and 1/2'' forward. This is noticeable, but not as much as I would like. Also, the floorboards aren't at the same position - the shifter side actually touches the highway bar, while the brake side board has about 1/8'' clearance. It seems that some people have different results.

·
Founding member
954 Posts
Had mine for 2 months now. They work fine no issues. But the Chief has no crash bars. My favorite accessory.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Not sure of what @BORN2XCELL did for a mod, pics would be nice, but stock with highway bars, the floorboards can only be lowered to the middle set of holes on the aeromach bracket, that gives you about 3/4'' down and 1/2'' forward. This is noticeable, but not as much as I would like. Also, the floorboards aren't at the same position - the shifter side actually touches the highway bar, while the brake side board has about 1/8'' clearance. It seems that some people have different results.
We have a kit ready to go if anyone wants to put their crash bars back on. All the indian models have the same frame so it works on them all except the scout. If interested email me at [email protected]. My bars have been back on for months now but i love the lowered floorbiards

1 - 20 of 33 Posts