Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Purchased a used 2018 Indian Scout bobber last year and want to swap the stock exhaust with the Freedom Performance 2 into 1 Combat Exhaust.

With that being said, what other upgrades, if any, are necessary with this new exhaust system? Air intake? Tuner?

If these are absolutely necessary what are your recommendations?

Anybody have the Freedom Combat exhaust? What's your review on it?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
55 Posts
I live in Omaha and have a 2020 scout bobber sixty. I looked at many youtube videos and picked the freedom combat 2 into 1. Had it installed before I picked it up. Then added a indian air intake with the tune. Now the combats are loud but believe me that is what makes it so fun to ride! I painted the lip of the exhaust engine red to go along with engine red on the valve covers. I don't know how to post a pic but if you give me your phone number I will send you a pic of it. Have a little over 10,000 miles on it now. Winter sucks ! Blasting down those two lane country highways.........flying low with..........no drag baby! Oh by the way I am 66 years old. Haven't ridden in 42 years till I bought this. I feel 18 again and I am a hooligan! Fun to beat all those harleys!

·
Registered
2021 Scout Bobber, black smoke, Stage 1. Disabled Marine Vet.
328 Posts
I live in Omaha and have a 2020 scout bobber sixty. I looked at many youtube videos and picked the freedom combat 2 into 1. Had it installed before I picked it up. Then added a indian air intake with the tune. Now the combats are loud but believe me that is what makes it so fun to ride! I painted the lip of the exhaust engine red to go along with engine red on the valve covers. I don't know how to post a pic but if you give me your phone number I will send you a pic of it. Have a little over 10,000 miles on it now. Winter sucks ! Blasting down those two lane country highways.........flying low with..........no drag baby! Oh by the way I am 66 years old. Haven't ridden in 42 years till I bought this. I feel 18 again and I am a hooligan! Fun to beat all those harleys!
In the reply area there is a picture icon, next to the chain link icon. Press that and then click the box, choose photo library, select the picture you want to show us. Now get to it. I want to see this.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Email the pictures from your phone to yourself, then save them on your computer, then go with @Mkbcaptain’s instructions 😇 good luck 🍀👍

·
Registered
674 Posts
Why "Crap!"? Because you got them as PDF files? That's fine, love the bike, great job!
Not sure how you got them as PDF files, but maybe you clicked on something either before you emailed them to yourself, or before uploading to here.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Not sure they came thru is all.
Like I said.......not tech savy.
I don't use my phone as a mini computer , just texting , pics and phone calls. : )

That's why I bought the scout..........just a speedo and simplicity

Old school riding

·
Registered
674 Posts
Yes, 3 pics (as pdf) came through - that's what I like my 2016 Scout 60 and my 2014 Chief Vintage for: Simple and very little or no gimmicks :cool:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Purchased a used 2018 Indian Scout bobber last year and want to swap the stock exhaust with the Freedom Performance 2 into 1 Combat Exhaust.

With that being said, what other upgrades, if any, are necessary with this new exhaust system? Air intake? Tuner?

If these are absolutely necessary what are your recommendations?

Anybody have the Freedom Combat exhaust? What's your review on it?

Thanks in advance!
I have this exhaust, it’s the best and loudest pipes you can buy and yes they are worth it. The sound is deep and throaty. The best air intake is the S&S. I also got the power vision 3 which is necessary for proper fuel and air ratio to allow for the more air coming in with the S&S intake. It also provides the most performance possible with these pipes. Highly recommend these pipes. Although they are a bit annoying to put on yourself. I can answer any questions you have about them.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have this exhaust, it’s the best and loudest pipes you can buy and yes they are worth it. The sound is deep and throaty. The best air intake is the S&S. I also got the power vision 3 which is necessary for proper fuel and air ratio to allow for the more air coming in with the S&S intake. It also provides the most performance possible with these pipes. Highly recommend these pipes. Although they are a bit annoying to put on yourself. I can answer any questions you have about them.
I have a scout bobber on order. Love the looks of that exhaust but don’t want them loud!
I know you can get the quiet baffle but worried it will still be too loud.
Any suggestions? Was wondering if adding more packing or changing the stock packing with a different type of packing (ceramic packing) would help

1 - 15 of 15 Posts