Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks...new to the forum...thanks in advance for any wisdom you can shed on this topic. I am considering purchasing a 2000 Indian Chief Millenium edition. Gorgeous bike, love the 24.5 inch seat height (inseam challenged), and the looks are to die for...however, been reading some scary reviews online really tearing up the Indian Chief (the review do not specify the "millennium edition") - regulator issues, brake issues, windshield issues, floorboard scraping issues - but worse - rear shock fail/collapse and handlebar riser fail issues causing crash. I also tracked recalls online that hot on most of these complaints but again, only state Indian Chief and not specifically stating the "millennium edition" which I was under the impression only 250 were made.

So...I am hoping to get some REAL reviews from you folks on this bike. Is there a big difference between the 2000 Indian Chief and the Indian Chief Millenium edition? Any feedback on the bike itself and these "reports?"

I really appreciate your feedback. Thanks again.
w

·
Registered
435 Posts
A few years ago I met a guy with a 2000 Indian Chief. He was complaining that a lot of cheap parts were inserted into that bike,to keep the price down probably. We met in a pub during a storm seazon and I don't remember much :D He seams that he didn't mind to patch the bike from time to time and was pretty happy with his bike. It was a head turner anyway.
If you look for owners reviews for 2000 Indian Chief :
Vehicle Reviews for 2000 Indian Motorcycle Chief

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
If you like it buy it, a great bike that needs TLC on a regular bases... My buddy has 23000 mi. on his and he loves it.........

1 - 3 of 3 Posts