Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

After drooling over the "big" Scout for months and deciding it was out of my price range I continued shopping for lesser quality bikes (Honda and Suzuki) just to keep my budget happy. To my pleasure in the beginning of December I learned about the Scout Sixty and I could not get enough of it. I joined the Forum here and read everything I could read about the bike and Indian.

I began pricing dealerships and comparing dealer fees and how to feel like I got a deal after I bought the bike. Eventually I found a dealer that promoted "No dealer fee", naturally I jumped on it and true to form he came in under any other prices I could find. Unfortunately it was about 8 hours from where I live, so I took that number and began shopping more local. The moral of this part of the story is I could not have been happier with the sales team at Indian of Daytona Beach. That team went as far as to call the owner and bent over backwards to get near the price I had taken them; they succeeded. the only thing left was to get the rest of the $$$ for the down payment... a month felt like a year!

I couldn't hold it in, I told all of my closest friends about the heritage and the company and how damn good looking the bike was. I talked about it so much I sold one of my friends on the Indian as well. Finally the money was right and burning a hole in my pocket. We drove the 2.5 hours to Daytona and bought our bikes, the only thing left was to ride those bad boys home.

We rode south on U.S.1 and began racking up the miles. This bike is a head turner; on more than one occasion I caught husbands looking at my bike and my buddies' bike longingly. I'd catch guys mouthing the words "It's an Indian" to their passengers and other bikers pulling up beside us just to pull the double take (how proud I was). When we stopped to get gas a HD rider walked up and was eating out of our palms drooling over the lines and the bikes, he could't believe how great it looked in real life (haha). Indian for the win, again!

Knowing that the tank is small from the forum I tracked my mileage and my gas situation. We fueled at 100 miles and it was exactly 2 gallons so we were in the ballpark of 50MPG. Those 100 miles though were amazing, the bike was smooth the throttle just begged to be twisted and the gears shifted like butter. The day was an EPIC win and I felt proud to be an Indian owner and proud to have shown a new person, new to motorcycling what heritage and quality looked & felt like. I'm proud to have stretched Indian's reach just a little bit. I included a couple photos from the bid day and just thought I would share my experience. Mine is the red bike with the tan extended reach seat. For the record I'm 6-01 230lbs and the bike felt perfect.

Happy Trails!

IMG_20160131_150334.jpg
Snapchat-6624037578340821677.jpg

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Good luck... I think they did a nice job with the 60 and kept the scout competitive with other bikes in this size..... I keep looking at them but wonder how my wife will feel about seeing four bikes.....I deal with Daytona also and I believe that Tony and the guys try to work with you....

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Congratulations! Excellent bikes.

I used to live in Satellite Beach, just a stone's throw from A1A.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
We left U.S. 1 at Merritt Island and took A1A the rest of the way. We live in Indian River County. (no joke)
Yep US1 and A1A are separated by the...Indian River. :D

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Great write up. Great bikes. Well done. Hey, you should be on commission for Indian! I've just completed the first 900 miles on my Scout 60 and I agree that it's a great bike. At no stage have I hankered after the increased performance of the 69 (respect to those who have chosen that). Bike safe and enjoy.

·
Registered
955 Posts
great story, and I particularly like the fact you were so enthusiastic you hooked one of your friends too!

feedback so far from owners of sixty is consistently good, Indian have put together a good package.

·
Founding member / platinum
10,006 Posts
Sorry to hear about your complete lack of enthusiasm about the new Scout 60, and it is duly noted!
:eek::p:)
But since you spent all that money on it, maybe and hopefully, it will grow on you now that you own it! :D LOL!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Your write up is great and almost parallels mine. Picking up my white scout 60 in about a month. Indians are truly great bikes and in a class of their own. I literally talk about Indian motorcycles at work so much guys ask me if I get secret royalties from the company. I wish!

·
Administrator
374 Posts
Great writeup and congratulations on your purchase, sounds like a great buying and riding experience!

·
Registered
452 Posts
Great write up and it looks you had a great ride. I purchased a black 60 in early January but only put a few miles on it since it was 16 degrees F and had 31" of snow last week,:( but it won't be long before it starts getting warmer here in Maryland. Now it is raining and melting the white crap.:) Welcome to the forum. Be safe my friend.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
As an update, 7 days later one full week and I'm almost at the 400 mile mark. This milestone has me wondering about the 500 mile service, what is the fair price and what caliber bullet should I expect to have to bite? haha Thanks in advance.

·
Founding member
664 Posts
Nice write up, Indian should definitely hook you up with some swag.:cool:

Reactions: FMac452
1 - 20 of 46 Posts