Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve been struggling to decide on a bag to use for three to four night rides on the scout. On one hand I like the idea of a bag made for bikes as they have the sleeve that goes over the sissy bar. On the other hand getting a regular duffle allows for a lot more variety to choose from. Does anyone have advice for me one way or the other? If I tie the bag down with some ROK straps is it just as good as the sleeve and a few straps? I have the solo and sissy bar luggage racks. Bag suggestions are also welcome! I love the look of leather (leatherworks, or a saddleback bag) but the practicality of a canvas one appeals too.

·
Registered
321 Posts
ROK straps are awesome, the saddlebag spools make great attachment points. GIVI and Kriega make nice moto-specific duffle bags if you haven't seen em.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Sleeves typically aren't enough. The bag will just spin around if not tied down. What a sleeve will do is keep the bag from flying off if the strap comes loose.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts