Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI All,
I just received my new Admore Lightbar but I'm having an issue with the install. I bought the Indian adapter thinking that it would be a simple plug and play. I don't know if other people are having this issue. I have 2015 RM with the tourpack on it.

But the adapter is very different from the plug on the back of the bike. This plug was right underneth the tour pack. Super easy to get to.

So, for everyone else who has done this, am I starting in the wrong place for this adapter? 5 wires vs the 16 from the plug under the pack.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, you connect it under the seat, not the trunk adapter
Any idea which plugs goes where? I followed Ken “the Mucker” Sexton pdf on the install after you said that but he did it without the adapter.

So I have three plugs and no clue where they should go. I should probably also mention that I have the heated seat as well.

Any thoughts or guidance would be appreciated.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Where is the Indian adapter from? Do you have a link to the light bar you got, and the adapter? I looked on the website, but the light bar I found said it wasn't compatible with Indians or Goldwings and some BMWs. It kind of looks like a Custom Dynamics adapter? But strange, if it's not for a Custom Dynamics product. I had an issue with wiring in some aftermarket LED tail lights (to the stock brake and tail light wires) that would give me all kind of chassis warnings. I ended up getting the Custom Dynamics Load Isolator, and that really made things easy. Plug and play on to the stock plug under the seat that controls all the rear brake and turn signals and has accessory and ground ports. So I imagine a load isolator would solve all of your problems here, since the wires from the light bar can be wired in to the Load Isolator directly, and quite easily.

If you do go with the Load isolator I'd use some light gauge wire 22 or 24 even, and cut them a few inches long. Then insert them in to the Load Isolator port and use a posi lock to easily tie in the light bar wiring. I am very glad I did that, made it super easy to just finger tight the wires in to the posi lock connectors. But this stuff I did was on a 2019 RM. Now, zero chassis faults and 100% perfect function with the Amazon light bar I found that is pretty good so far, that I mounted on the trunk frame so the light bar is rear facing. It's brake, and flowing turn signal functions are perfect for what I wanted it for.

As for the adapter you have there, I'm guessing the white plug plugs in to itself, indicated by my red Paint program arrow. The green arrow, plugs to the other two prong plug and I put a question mark over it because that seems like the only thing it can plug in to? And the two yellow arrows go to the area where you should find the stock 6 pin plug to piggy back the adapter you got in to it. Unplug the stock, then plug in the adapter to the stock female, and male 6 pin plugs. I mean, the plan looks good on paper so far. Hope if you can execute the plan, it is correct and will get your stuff all up and running.

Reactions: Magoo6541

·
Registered
435 Posts
I've got that exact same hookup on my RM. I can add pics of the back and under the seat hookups but I can't get to the bike until tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Where is the Indian adapter from? Do you have a link to the light bar you got, and the adapter? I looked on the website, but the light bar I found said it wasn't compatible with Indians or Goldwings and some BMWs. It kind of looks like a Custom Dynamics adapter? But strange, if it's not for a Custom Dynamics product. I had an issue with wiring in some aftermarket LED tail lights (to the stock brake and tail light wires) that would give me all kind of chassis warnings. I ended up getting the Custom Dynamics Load Isolator, and that really made things easy. Plug and play on to the stock plug under the seat that controls all the rear brake and turn signals and has accessory and ground ports. So I imagine a load isolator would solve all of your problems here, since the wires from the light bar can be wired in to the Load Isolator directly, and quite easily.

If you do go with the Load isolator I'd use some light gauge wire 22 or 24 even, and cut them a few inches long. Then insert them in to the Load Isolator port and use a posi lock to easily tie in the light bar wiring. I am very glad I did that, made it super easy to just finger tight the wires in to the posi lock connectors. But this stuff I did was on a 2019 RM. Now, zero chassis faults and 100% perfect function with the Amazon light bar I found that is pretty good so far, that I mounted on the trunk frame so the light bar is rear facing. It's brake, and flowing turn signal functions are perfect for what I wanted it for.

As for the adapter you have there, I'm guessing the white plug plugs in to itself, indicated by my red Paint program arrow. The green arrow, plugs to the other two prong plug and I put a question mark over it because that seems like the only thing it can plug in to? And the two yellow arrows go to the area where you should find the stock 6 pin plug to piggy back the adapter you got in to it. Unplug the stock, then plug in the adapter to the stock female, and male 6 pin plugs. I mean, the plan looks good on paper so far. Hope if you can execute the plan, it is correct and will get your stuff all up and running.

View attachment 633186
The Admore Light Bar comes with two plugs, if you purchase the plug and play adapter. You are mostly correct in your assessment of where the plugs go. The white plug goes to white, that connects the light bar to the P&P adapter. The larger black plugs are for the brake light and turn signals. You have to unplug the stock harness, plug the P&P harness into the stock harness plug coming FROM the VCU, then plug the stock harness coming from the brake light and turn signals into the other black plug on the P&P adapter harness. To simplify, disconnect your stock light harness under the seat, and plug BOTH of those plugs into the P&P adapter.

The small, two-wire plug gets plugged into the 12V switched power (either blue or green) that is not plugged into the seat.

Essentially, the P&P harness is a "Y" connector to plug both the light bar AND your stock brake light/turn signals into the stock harness going to the VCU, along with switched power for the bar itself.

Reactions: Lord Bard Prime

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I bought everything directly from AdMore Lighting, the Light Bar Pro and the 'Pre-2019' Plug-N-Play adapter. Currently I think I just need to dig down a little further into the wiring under the seat to find the proper connection spots. It does make me wonder though if I'll be unplugging something else to make this work (using the adapter). It would make sense to me that at each active connection I would need to connect a Y splitter to keep the current function and then attach the new function of the new bar.

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
I bought everything directly from AdMore Lighting, the Light Bar Pro and the 'Pre-2019' Plug-N-Play adapter. Currently I think I just need to dig down a little further into the wiring under the seat to find the proper connection spots. It does make me wonder though if I'll be unplugging something else to make this work (using the adapter). It would make sense to me that at each active connection I would need to connect a Y splitter to keep the current function and then attach the new function of the new bar.
See my reply above. The P&P Adapter is, essentially, a Y adapter. Think of it as a direct pass-through for the stock brake light/turn signal harness, with an attachment to add the light bar into the circuit.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts