Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
I've already got an email into them and if I don't hear from them I'll call. Really disappointed in their installation directions, especially for the newer bikes. I will say that they did follow through on the seat connector by letting me know about it.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Admore is a great company and they do respond in a timely manner. I recommend calling them. David is the owner and will answer all the questions. I am aware the new 2019 and 2020 have some challenges in the hookup but Admore is addressing them. I have the 2015 and the system is flawless and the response from drivers behind me is a noticeable difference.

·
Bronze member
1,224 Posts
Totally stumped on where these connectors go under the seat. I've attached pics on what I got from them (plug and play kit) and what I have under the seat of my 20RM.
I'm the guy who first bought the AdMore Lightbar in '16 and worked with Dave at AdMore Lighting to make it work with the Indian's backwards wiring scheme. I also made the prototype harness that they then put into production (with some tweaks). I haven't seen their instruction sheet though. And if the later models are significantly different to the early Thunderstrokes, I won't be "up to date". There should be a 6-pin connector behind the battery, alongside the RH frame tube. It gets taken apart and a pair of connectors on the new harness gets installed to the two OEM halves. There should also be a 2-pin connector behind the shock absorber that you'll tap into for power to the harness.

My Roadmaster and notes are too far away for me to access right now. But Dave at AdMore should be very helpful.

·
Registered
407 Posts
There's nothing around the shock that I can see as to the two wire accessory connector that they're drawing switched power off of. There is a very small two wire connector (empty) that comes out of the main wiring harness towards the rear of the seat area. I'm thinking now that they aren't using seat power. That two wire connector is the only one I can see and coincidentally I have the matching connector for it but it needs the pins. I have to check voltage on that connector to see if it's got power and ground. If so, that's probably the one to use. The wires going into it are not small.

·
Bronze member
1,224 Posts
Dang! You later model Roadmaster IS different from my '16, so I'm not very helpful. But I can't imagine that AdMore would consider using the deat heater for power to the lightbar. I'll bet that the unused 2-ping connector is what you will use.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Dang! You later model Roadmaster IS different from my '16, so I'm not very helpful. But I can't imagine that AdMore would consider using the deat heater for power to the lightbar. I'll bet that the unused 2-ping connector is what you will use.
The 20 is different. David is working on the solution

·
Registered
407 Posts
Well, there are at least two connectors to get power off of......accessory and seat power. Admore sent me pics of someone that used seat power. I was somewhat leery of doing that thinking it might pop a fuse/breaker if the seat had heat set to high on both sides. It was easy to tap into accessory power using the posi-taps they sent. Of course you could go directly across the battery but you should fuse that if doing so. The accessory plug comes off the main harness and is very small indeed.

As this is a Roadmaster, the top case goes on and off during services and battery terminal checks so I need to have quick disconnect capability. I ordered that kit but while it has all the connectors, pins, and weatherproof hw you have to assemble it all yourself. 5 hours later I completed one connector. Working on the second one now. New skills as the pins/sockets have to be assembled to the connectors. While you could make do without the special crimping tool, I bought one for about 29 dollars from Amazon. These tools run the gamut from very cheap to very very expensive. The tool is not obvious on how to use it for the un-initiated. Youtube helps.

I mounted my light to the black metal strip that runs under and part of the case. If you need to change settings, the light has a USB connector on the back protected by a plug. You have to remove the light in order to plug into it via your phone or use the bluetooth connectivity as that has a connector as well. Unfortunately I could not pair it with my S10e Samsung Galaxy (Question in to Admore on why that doesn't work). I had to use a direct cable to the phone which of course has a type C connector which isn't compatible with the connector on the light. Had to buy one of those in between connectors to get it to work with the Admore light ($19).

Back to pairing...my phone was asking for a pin code to complete the pairing. I tried both 0000 and 1234 which are standards for codes but no luck. Have no clue what's going on there.

Still working on the installation. I did see the light work and it works very well. Only question (Again, sent email to Admore (I like stuff in writing)) I have is with the red light brake strobe in that it only strobes once after you hit the brakes. I assumed it would strobe on a timed basis, but mine doesn't do that.

·
KHAOS
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, there are at least two connectors to get power off of......accessory and seat power. Admore sent me pics of someone that used seat power. I was somewhat leery of doing that thinking it might pop a fuse/breaker if the seat had heat set to high on both sides. It was easy to tap into accessory power using the posi-taps they sent. Of course you could go directly across the battery but you should fuse that if doing so. The accessory plug comes off the main harness and is very small indeed.

As this is a Roadmaster, the top case goes on and off during services and battery terminal checks so I need to have quick disconnect capability. I ordered that kit but while it has all the connectors, pins, and weatherproof hw you have to assemble it all yourself. 5 hours later I completed one connector. Working on the second one now. New skills as the pins/sockets have to be assembled to the connectors. While you could make do without the special crimping tool, I bought one for about 29 dollars from Amazon. These tools run the gamut from very cheap to very very expensive. The tool is not obvious on how to use it for the un-initiated. Youtube helps.

I mounted my light to the black metal strip that runs under and part of the case. If you need to change settings, the light has a USB connector on the back protected by a plug. You have to remove the light in order to plug into it via your phone or use the bluetooth connectivity as that has a connector as well. Unfortunately I could not pair it with my S10e Samsung Galaxy (Question in to Admore on why that doesn't work). I had to use a direct cable to the phone which of course has a type C connector which isn't compatible with the connector on the light. Had to buy one of those in between connectors to get it to work with the Admore light ($19).

Back to pairing...my phone was asking for a pin code to complete the pairing. I tried both 0000 and 1234 which are standards for codes but no luck. Have no clue what's going on there.

Still working on the installation. I did see the light work and it works very well. Only question (Again, sent email to Admore (I like stuff in writing)) I have is with the red light brake strobe in that it only strobes once after you hit the brakes. I assumed it would strobe on a timed basis, but mine doesn't do that.
Greetings virginaJim,
I think I am the other AdMore customer that Dave at AdMore mentioned as I have sent photos to them of my 2019 RM. I did use the seat heat source for my light bar. I checked it with the seat on high & low while operating the lightbar. It did NOT pop any breakers. It seems to work very well using that as a power source.
I too have developed new skills using the crimping tool and building harnesses. Since buying the tool, I also added a USB power source by connecting to an unused connector in the fairing. Gave me another use for my crimping tool.
I have discovered the same thing you did that my bluetooth app will not work unless the adapter is connected. I set mine to the factory setting and am happy with that so I may not need to change them in the future; that said if I do I will have to remove my light bar from the black metal bar. I don't remember any issues with pairing but I am using an Apple phone, so we will undoubtedly have different issues with regard to the app.
As far as the strobe effect, mine only flashes once each time I activate either brake. I do not see a setting in the app that would make it repeat; guess you will have to ask AdMore about that.
Sorry I can't be of more help, I have been working on mine on and off for a month or more. All good now and I really like how it lights up the bike. I think it is a good product; AdMore just did not foresee Indian changing the wiring for their harness. I attached a pic of the new harness connected on my bike. Not too, I added the other harness that allows it to be a quick disconnect at the back of the trunk.
Good luck and I hope the project turns out the way you want.
IMG_0710.jpeg

·
Registered
407 Posts
Admore has confirmed that it only strobes once per brake actuation. To keep it strobing you need to keep actuating it, unfortunately.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts