Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

So, I got tired of leaning forward on when riding my Scout and somebody suggested I roll my handlebars up. I did it today and, just sitting on it, it's great!

The problem is, I couldn't get the brake lever and clutch lever cap screws to break loose! I need to turn them a bit but the screws won't budge. Do they use red LocTite on them or something? I can't think of any reason they would have left-handed threads.

Also, the electrical controls are keyed to a hole in the handlebars so I can't move those, either. How are you suppose to be able to adjust your handlebars if the controls can't be adjusted? And what if you swap the handlebars for aftermarket mini-apes? Do they have a locator hole as well?

Thanks,
Brian

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

·
Banned
114 Posts
By cap screws, do you mean the housing screws? Everything is CCW to loosen screws at the bars.

As for the handlebar hole, aftermarket bars know about it and will more than likely have the hole for the throttle housing. That being said, you can make a hole on your bars with a punch, a drill and GOOD drill bits. (I use titanium for metal)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts