Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guus picked up my bobber yesterday I love it. However I got it with comfort seat however suspension may need to be changed.

I've been told adjusting the preload can make a difference tho, however I'm a complete novice when it comes to mechanics, is there a good guide to how to do it or can someone explain ? I've looked at YouTube but don't have access to be able to lift the bike and seems a bit of a faf

I weigh 230lbs so a big lad.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
4,142 Posts
I'm 220 and don't want my Scout bottoming out. I would say be careful with the preload and don't make it too soft.

·
Registered
16 Posts
hi guus picked up my bobber yesterday I love it. However I got it with comfort seat however suspension may need to be changed.

I've been told adjusting the preload can make a difference tho, however I'm a complete novice when it comes to mechanics, is there a good guide to how to do it or can someone explain ? I've looked at YouTube but don't have access to be able to lift the bike and seems a bit of a faf

I weigh 230lbs so a big lad.
Hi Lawzee

I have a Scout Bobber with comfort seat I backed off my suspension it’s easy with the supplied wrench I created some sag by backing off 2 turns on each side and now it feels nice it took away the hardness

I hope that helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Founding member / Distinguished
4,142 Posts
True but bottoming out can be far more painful. I am speaking from experience.

·
Registered
93 Posts
The manual tells you what the settings should be so simply sit someone on the bike with a similar mass to yourself and adjust the preload until it achieves the standard measurements when loaded.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Which should be 282 mm center of eye to center of eye on the mounting bolts

·
Bronze member
1,742 Posts
The owners manual has step by step instructions on how to achieve the measurement of 282 mm.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts