Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

According to the manual (p. 122) a reference dimension with fully extended shock absorber (= jacking up) is used to adjust the rear wheel shock absorber (recommended sag: 45mm).

Does anyone know a corresponding reference measure, e.g. lower edge of fender <> center of rear wheel axle?
For what rider weight the HR dampers are initially set for?

Many thanks for the support!

Andy

·
Registered
2022 Indian Chief Dark Horse - Jade
206 Posts
On a chief Dark Horse 2022 has anyone changed the rear suspension settings to carry a pillon passenger. Does it have to be changed by much or just a couple of turns ?

·
Registered
20 Posts
On a chief Dark Horse 2022 has anyone changed the rear suspension settings to carry a pillon passenger. Does it have to be changed by much or just a couple of turns ?
I am 300 lbs and my son is 200. We bottom out the suspension with the stock setting (which was pretty much all the way out). I tightened the spanners about four rotations on each side (just trial and error this being my first “trial”). It doesn’t bottom out as bad now. I probably need to go a bit more but it’s bouncier feeling now and I’d rather not chase that rabbit. I wonder if anyone has seen any aftermarket rear shock options that maybe improve two up riding but allow to easily switch back for normal solo rides? I don’t two up often but my girlfriend and my son love to ride here and there.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I am 300 lbs and my son is 200. We bottom out the suspension with the stock setting (which was pretty much all the way out). I tightened the spanners about four rotations on each side (just trial and error this being my first “trial”). It doesn’t bottom out as bad now. I probably need to go a bit more but it’s bouncier feeling now and I’d rather not chase that rabbit. I wonder if anyone has seen any aftermarket rear shock options that maybe improve two up riding but allow to easily switch back for normal solo rides? I don’t two up often but my girlfriend and my son love to ride here and there.
Edit by “bottom out” I mean when we ride over potholes and such it bottoms out hard. Normal cruising it’s very comfortable.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Edit by “bottom out” I mean when we ride over potholes and such it bottoms out hard. Normal cruising it’s very comfortable.
I would like to know if there are options as well. My wife and I combined on the Super Chief are pushing 400 and it definitely bottoms out on rough roads. When you say "tightened the spanners" I assume you mean you lifted the bike and rotated them yourself? Thanks!

·
Registered
2022 Indian Chief Dark Horse - Jade
206 Posts
I just adjusted the spring by one rotation at a time on both sides . Then go for a ride . This is on my DH Horse Chief 2022

1 - 9 of 9 Posts