Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to find a video or instructions on how to adjust my springfield handlebar angle. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Vendor / bronze
2,727 Posts
I removed the chrome cowling and got to the bar clamp bolts. But is suppose to be easier if you don't remove anything and come from under the cowling with a light and you can see the bolts to loosen. I lifted my bars as far as they would go and it is much more comfortable for me.

·
Rider
798 Posts
Easiest way is to go from the underside behind the headlight with a extended allen on a ratchet. 5 or 6mm I can't remember. To get to the bolts that are on the risers which are located on the bottom of each riser. just lightly loosen until you can nudge the bars up or down.then snug them back down. There's a thread in here with pictures showing the bolts.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Also, you can loosen and adjust the controls on either end of the bar to improve the grip angle at the wrists. Not much, but it can make a difference.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I removed the chrome cowling and got to the bar clamp bolts. But is suppose to be easier if you don't remove anything and come from under the cowling with a light and you can see the bolts to loosen. I lifted my bars as far as they would go and it is much more comfortable for me.
Did you have to adjust the controls as well? What size is the bolt going from underneath?

·
Vendor / bronze
2,727 Posts
Did you have to adjust the controls as well? What size is the bolt going from underneath?
Don't remember for sure but I am pretty sure they are M8 x 1.25 socket head (most of the bolts on the bikes are this) I also loosened the controls and rotated them a little to get a better angle. However, they have a retain stub that restricts the rotation some. One control is at a slightly different angle from the other. I need to fix this at some point because it bugs me even though no one can see it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thanks it worked like a charm. I used a 6mm extended ball allen & went up from the bottom. Rotated about 2.5 inches. It made a huge difference.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Is it because the bar ends seem somewhat too low? That was my thought. I have back issues sometimes and was wondering if it made it more comfortable

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yes a bit to low. I actually felt myself slouching. I was surprised rolling the bars up a little made it much more comfortable.

·
Silver member
4,419 Posts
Yep, that was my first mod. Rolled the bars up, adjusted the controls, added the AN grips...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts