Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen the thread on here but all the pictures dont show, specifically looking for the plug and location that you wire into. Apparently it is in the fairing behind the headlight.

·
Bronze member
4,321 Posts
I've seen the thread on here but all the pictures dont show, specifically looking for the plug and location that you wire into. Apparently it is in the fairing behind the headlight.

If you have one and you may not. The plug should be behind the headlight labeled headdress. But starting in 2019 many of the connectors and wire harness points for optional items were no longer installed, especially on Darkhorse models since the Darkhorse line is the stripped down more basic version of the bike.

·
Rider
840 Posts
I’m going to assume you mean Chieftain Dark Horse? The plug isn’t very big and it will be located in the same general area as your headlight bucket...you’ll just have to pull it and look.

I added light to my 19 Chieftain DH warbonnet. It was a relatively easy modification using the post you mentioned. I modifiedit slightly by cutting an ABS trim piece to mount my LED inside the bonnet.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What wire did you use, I'm having a hard time finding parallel wire that isn't white and yellow.

·
Rider
840 Posts
What wire did you use, I'm having a hard time finding parallel wire that isn't white and yellow.
I used the wire that was already attached to the LED I purchased from autozone. I ran it up into the fairing, soldered on two pins which were inserted into a OEM connector, and then hooked it up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts