Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a great deal on a factory Victory Octane 2 into 1 exhaust. $400 on eBay. On the victory it seems to add a bit more volume but doesn’t go overboard like most I find. My Scout Sixty sounds amazing with the exhaust opened up, however is a bit too excessive for me for day to day use. Installing Saturday. Curious if anyone else has experience with this?

0AD05261-A174-40AA-839F-1A4C1EF46350.jpeg

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Got it all installed. Thought I’d give an update for anyone interested. Install went pretty smooth. Only issue I ran into was the front exhaust pipe interferes with the brake pedal. I didn’t learn this until the exhaust was fully installed and i went to tear away and the rear brake was seized. Instead of mucking up a new exhaust, I shaved a bit of metal off the brake pedal and it worked out great.

0B7B81CD-B987-4AE8-ADC7-604352CC8781.jpeg
C0637A3C-236D-4979-BC4A-AC77334704D1.jpeg
20085092-5E6E-4C50-8DB3-97B3BC5B68D7.jpeg

·
Registered
582 Posts
A video of the bike starting, running and revving would be cool.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
A video of the bike starting, running and revving would be cool.
Filmed with an iPhone so hopefully the sound quality is good. At idle it sounds stock. Under load it is definitely more throaty and sounds good. Seat of the pants dyno it pulls harder in the upper rpm range.

I will add that it appears the baffle is made to slide out. The cap on the end comes off with two allen screws and doesn't appear to just be a trim cap like the stock exhaust.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Sounds good!!!!

Reactions: devinabreeding

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
When I bought my 60, the parts guy at the dealership said that 2-1 sounds better and performs better. Wish I would've looked for a 2-1 instead of my Bassani 3" slash cuts, pretty loud, lol.
One thing I’ve noticed with the couple louder exhausts I’ve tried is I don’t allow the bike to reach its top rpm range. I think this is a lot of the reason I feel like I’m receiving a power gain. I stay in lower gears and can push it harder without splitting my eardrums. Those slash cuts are a great look though.

·
Registered
34 Posts
A little off topic, but, is the Scout just a rebranded Victory Octane? Never looked up any info on the Octane until now, looks identical.

·
Registered
34 Posts
One thing I’ve noticed with the couple louder exhausts I’ve tried is I don’t allow the bike to reach its top rpm range. I think this is a lot of the reason I feel like I’m receiving a power gain. I stay in lower gears and can push it harder without splitting my eardrums. Those slash cuts are a great look though.
I get that, I shift at lower RPM around town with mine so I don't sound like "that neighbor", lol. Once I hit the outskirts I let 'er bark!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
A little off topic, but, is the Scout just a rebranded Victory Octane? Never looked up any info on the Octane until now, looks identical.
Essentially yes. There are the few obvious cosmetic differences but its even a 1200 like the Scout. All exhausts are compatible. I wouldn’t be surprised if you could swap the engine. The exhaust came with an O2 sensor extension installed under the seat. It was located in the exact same location as the octane with the same electrical connections.

what I’m curious about, my exhaust cane with a tune key card for the victory. I mean to ask the dealer if it would work for my Scout.

I have my eye on the front fairing as well. I think I’ll be a direct fit.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts