Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2015 Chief Vintage. Engine is bone stock..TAB slip ons Zombie baffles.

I am going to add a free flow air cleaner from Indian...I know it comes with a ECU reflash card. Thats Great...but after that I am going to gut the Cat. Am I going to need ANOTHER reflash for that as well? I have already done a search but have not seen this specific question asked or answered. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Bronze member
1,313 Posts
You don't need to reflash for anything exhaust, including a cat gut. Gutting the cat really only mitigates the heat coming off the exhaust; it's a high performance cat. I would, however, recommend investing in a PV3, or whatever they call the replacement for the PVCX, through Fuel Moto, as they have the best maps. That will wake up your bike to run the way it was designed to.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is ultimately the plan....but have to do this one thing at a time for now. I went with the Indian breather because I like the way it looks the best..soo.

·
Bronze member
1,313 Posts
I did the same. I started with the air cleaner, and gutted the cat, then I changed the exhaust, then the stage 2 cams, then the PVCX, and then I stopped. Despite everything else I could have done, I've been happy with that engine setup.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts