Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Added a Viking trunk to the indian quick release trunk rack. Used 8mm hex bolts and attached to the six mounting bolts of the rack. Did not use mounting hardware that came with trunk. Very impressed with the quality of the viking trunk so far.

Attachments

·
Registered
131 Posts
Looks great! Do you have a link for this trunk?

·
Premium Member
2019 Chieftain Base++++
790 Posts
Will it fit two full faced helmets and can you attach a bag to the top?
No I don't think it'll fit 2 full face helmets. Maybe if they are both small, but the way its shaped makes that unlikely.

I have this trunk that I took off my old bike before getting the Chieftain. I want to thank @XMOTORMAN for those pics! I have the same Chieftain basic (chrome pipes) and I've been debating if I'll mount my Viking trunk and how it will look, now I know lol. I'll probably go with an aftermarket mount, time will tell not ready for it yet.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I took it a local auto body guy, and he color matched himself and he said it was a 99.96% match or something. I bought it primed without paint, saving about a hundred bucks. Then I used the indian quick detach trunk mount and drilled new holes to match.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.