Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Indian Challenger
984 Posts
How was the install? Was there a specific problem you were trying to address with them?

·
Registered
2020 Indian Challenger
984 Posts
Very nice!

Does that affect the clutch pull at all? IE, still get a "full pull?"

·
Registered
21 Posts
I installed a black set of levers on my DH. Love being able to adjust both side and the color match. Customer service is excellent. I was getting a clutch switch fault. Sent PSR pics of the fault. Promptly replied. Sent me a new lever and a really nice shirt. No faults in about 2 months.

I'm happy with the bling.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I installed a black set of levers on my DH. Love being able to adjust both side and the color match. Customer service is excellent. I was getting a clutch switch fault. Sent PSR pics of the fault. Promptly replied. Sent me a new lever and a really nice shirt. No faults in about 2 months.

I'm happy with the bling.
What was wrong with the lever that caused a fault?

·
Bronze member
2,461 Posts
I don't know if PSR had a bad run of levers or if they had to change their design...but people were having the PSR lever activate the clutch switch located in the clutch lever housing. This sends a signal to your bike that the clutch is activated. Some have had to grind down the lever surface that makes contact with the switch.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Both the original and replacement look identical. Did some measurements with a cheap caliber. No noticeable difference. Maybe i bent the switch installing it? Did not have the proper tension on clutch cable right? Tech looked at it for the 500 mile service, said switch was fine. Reset the fault and switched lever. No issue since.

probably installer/operator error

·
Registered
220 Posts
Thanks - I might need to copy you. Now for the bigger issue - where did you get that tank emblem. That's awesome.

·
Bronze member
2,461 Posts
Both the original and replacement look identical. Did some measurements with a cheap caliber. No noticeable difference. Maybe i bent the switch installing it? Did not have the proper tension on clutch cable right? Tech looked at it for the 500 mile service, said switch was fine. Reset the fault and switched lever. No issue since.

probably installer/operator error
No, not operator error. I spoke with the service mgr at an IM dealer and they’ve had trouble with these levers too. He added they’ve had to grind down the contact surface to get the levers correct.

·
Registered
230 Posts
The ramp needs like .5mm I believe shaved off. The new lever should have been slightly smaller at the ramp. The one they sent me was.

·
Registered
73 Posts
The brake seems easy to do, any pointers on the clutch side? Mine arrive in the next day or so.
Super easy on the clutch side. Remove the 10mm nut on the pivot pin and just grab the clutch pinion under the motor and turn it to slip the cable out. That will allow you to pull the pivot pin out and remove the lever. Clean, lubricate, and reverse the steps.

·
Bronze member
2,461 Posts
The ramp needs like .5mm I believe shaved off. The new lever should have been slightly smaller at the ramp. The one they sent me was.
So they did change the lever? I was getting ready to order a set when I started reading about the issues.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The brake seems easy to do, any pointers on the clutch side? Mine arrive in the next day or so.
Clutch is easy- Disconnect the clutch cable below and then remove the nut from below the clutch lever. Pull the pin, disconnect the clutch cable from the lever, and then reverse the process. PSR has an easy to follow YouTube video out there as well.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts