Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello folks. Last year, I did a 3,600 mile ride on Blue Destiny (my 2017 Roadmaster) from my home in Southern NJ, to Austin TX, to Orlando FL, to an Auto-train in that took me to Lorton VA, then back home. My trip to ATX and MCO was in July 2018 - when the daytime riding in every state south of Tennessee felt like a convection oven! And for the record, I did swap my headers with a cat-removed header from American Customs that I did before taking delivery of her from the dealership.

I plan to do a summer ride again, and I may be moving to a warmer climate (Austin / Dripping Springs TX -or- Summerville-ish SC area). I was also looking at another motorcycle on the market that claimed to have headers pre-coated with a ceramic polish... nice idea, not so nice of a bike, and NO desire to switch. So, I thought "the after-market community" may have something. This led me to Jet-Hot. I am not impressed with these people at all who said "We do Indian Motorcycle's all the time" and yet they can't give me a basic quote without "detailed pictures of my headers and exhaust" so they can measure how much polish they need.

So, is there anyone that has tried to apply something like this to help eliminate the head from the headers (my primary concern) and the exhaust pipes (secondary concern)?

Any advise would be appreciated.

·
Rider
816 Posts
I may have them do my rear. Need to wait and see how uncomfortable it’s gonna be after I get moved to Arkansas. I can’t imagine it being any worse than Arizona but I normally try to avoid high humidity areas in the summer.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts