Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Bronze member
2,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I had to take my bike down to Sydney Indian today to get some work sorted out ,while I was getting that done I bought a Tan Back Rest for the Road Master and had the guys fit it for me rather than stuff around myself. Not that I could not do it ,just that I was there and the guys always look after me. I have been resisting buying a back rest as I have never used them and never really thought they were all that fantastic or that I needed to pay the big dollars Polaris asked for them. Anyway I was talking to my mate that I ride with a lot ,his has always had a Back Rest on every bike he owns and kept saying how good they were. Last week I did some work on his bike and tighten up his back rest asset was a little loos. I sat on his bike to move it after doing that. H then nagged again that I need one lol ,so once again I resisted and told him I did not think they were all that great. Long story I know but!!!! . I am getting there lol :rolleyes: So as I said above I swallowed my words and dropped my resistance and bought one .After leaving Indian in Sydney I still had a 100 miles to return home, the back rest did not feel great as I felt it was pushing me forward and not allowing me to lean back. If fact it was most likely helping me sit up straight for a change :cool:;):oops: , after about 60 miles I settled into the feeling of it and have changed my mind about them. The Back Rest felt great on the small of my back after getting home I looked at it and made a small adjustment toilet it a tad higher so it should feel better agin next ride. I reserve my opinion if I would spend that much again on the next bike I buy if I buy a another bike at all ,because the Road Master makes me so comfortable and love riding the tank lol Something about the rawness of this bike I love. I should really add that, I am not going too any more Indian Dealerships ,they keep taking my money lol.Every time I step into a store they must read the flashing neon light on my forehead that reads his guys a sucker take his money lol :oops::eek::D:cool::)
IMG_1023.jpg
IMG_1022.jpg

·
Registered
69 Posts
I love having one - this is the first bike I've owned that has it, and I miss it when I remove it for some reason or another. Well worth the investment, and makes riding long distances much, much nicer!

·
Bronze member
2,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wildmandmc , I have never owned one in my life till now .I have been told by a mate they are the best thing and one of my friends ,she has had one on everyone of her Harley's , she swears by then and was so excited when she found out I finally bought one lol. Time will tell if they are as good as they claim.I
I have always had one. I have lower back problems and they really help.
stuffed my back up in 1999 ,funny enough I was driving tour coaches and picking up an American Group from the Sydney International air port ,loading their bags all marked by the air line as heavy . The wind caught the Bin door and it came down shambling my back ,that was the end of omg tour coach days. I love you Americans but why in earth you need to bring your kitchen, bathroom and walk in dressing room with you when you travel I don't know lol. That was just the carry on luggage that in most cases larger than we carry for a around the world tour .:cool::eek::rolleyes::( But regardless I had lot of fun meeting so many interesting people. You guys are such nice people but have never found anyone of you that could explain why you all drive on the wrong side of the road haha!!! :(:):confused: So I am hoping the new back rest does help and relieve some back pain on the longer rides.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
hey my friend sounds like you might be describe my wife, packs way to much shit. a different pair of shoes one for each day. lol
i rode a bike with a back rest loved it. by time i got the money for it. i traded it in for another.

·
Registered
8,004 Posts
Wildmandmc , I have never owned one in my life till now .I have been told by a mate they are the best thing and one of my friends ,she has had one on everyone of her Harley's , she swears by then and was so excited when she found out I finally bought one lol. Time will tell if they are as good as they claim.I

stuffed my back up in 1999 ,funny enough I was driving tour coaches and picking up an American Group from the Sydney International air port ,loading their bags all marked by the air line as heavy . The wind caught the Bin door and it came down shambling my back ,that was the end of omg tour coach days. I love you Americans but why in earth you need to bring your kitchen, bathroom and walk in dressing room with you when you travel I don't know lol. That was just the carry on luggage that in most cases larger than we carry for a around the world tour .:cool::eek::rolleyes::( But regardless I had lot of fun meeting so many interesting people. You guys are such nice people but have never found anyone of you that could explain why you all drive on the wrong side of the road haha!!! :(:):confused: So I am hoping the new back rest does help and relieve some back pain on the longer rides.
Dont make my mistake. Never ever let them inject your back with Cortisone. It nearly killed me as you know.

·
Bronze member
2,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Dont make my mistake. Never ever let them inject your back with Cortisone. It nearly killed me as you know.
I have seen your result and that was not the best result.I hope your going well these days old man. I so respect you Drarrreeen and we should do that for the elderly people lol.:cool::rolleyes:

·
Bronze member
1,760 Posts

So what side of the road do you think we in the USA drive on?

·
Bronze member
2,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Wrong....
It’s the right. We drive on the right
ok you win lol but you have to remember we are up side down from you guys being down side up. You really do ride on the right side of the road ,we just ride on the correct side lol. Ask Darren he always reminds me of that lol.:cool::(

·
Founding member
943 Posts
That is a GORGEOUS bike, Geoff! You Aussies are the best! I am so glad you are all aboard. :) And hey, since we're talking about backs I am forever grateful and thankful to Robin McKenzie, a Kiwi neighbor of yours down 'there'. :) His books, Treat Your Own Back and Treat Your Own Neck are bibles to me. I had a lower back attack last Thursday, my first bad one in four years and I thought surely I'd need surgery. I re-read his book, followed his exercises every two hours, as he recommends, and the pain has almost completely subsided after 4 days! I will stop being lazy now and do them a couple of times a day going forward for insurance, as he again recommends. I do his neck exercises every day also. His methods are used all over the world and taught at many, or all, physical therapy schools. I highly recommend them to anyone with spine ailments.

·
Bronze member
2,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That is a GORGEOUS bike, Geoff! You Aussies are the best! I am so glad you are all aboard. :) And hey, since we're talking about backs I am forever grateful and thankful to Robin McKenzie, a Kiwi neighbor of yours down 'there'. :) His books, Treat Your Own Back and Treat Your Own Neck are bibles to me. I had a lower back attack last Thursday, my first bad one in four years and I thought surely I'd need surgery. I re-read his book, followed his exercises every two hours, as he recommends, and the pain has almost completely subsided after 4 days! I will stop being lazy now and do them a couple of times a day going forward for insurance, as he again recommends. I do his neck exercises every day also. His methods are used all over the world and taught at many, or all, physical therapy schools. I highly recommend them to anyone with spine ailments.
First of all thanks for the complement I am so flattered ,second is that you make sure you look after your self ,no one knows what a person with a back injury goes through. That includes not only pain but mentally it can be a bug bear too. Long with lots of love and support around you I wish you all the best.

·
Bronze member
2,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I love having one - this is the first bike I've owned that has it, and I miss it when I remove it for some reason or another. Well worth the investment, and makes riding long distances much, much nicer!
Thanks I was cleaning the bike and also conditioned the seat and back rest today ,then had play with where I thought I wanted the back rest to be. It took some time to find that sweet spot ,so just to make sure I took the bike for a longer ride, not 100 miles but a bout 30 mins ride and wow it felt so nice. Come home jacked up the bike and did the first big polishing of the new contrast cut wheels I put on 3 weeks ago. what a ***** to clean they are so sharp on the edges my finger looked like a hot dog with too much sauce on them by the time I finished ,but they now look so nice. Sorry got side tracked a bit lol Over all I think I am going to love the back rest ,but at the moment it is better than I thought it would be ,so just need time to fall in love and marry it lol.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts