Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
* NOTE FROM HINK: merged three identical threads. By default, first one posted becomes “home.” Since these adaptive headlights are on several different models (either stock or as an option), I moved from Roadmaster to General Discussion.

———————————

Hello has anyone installed new headlight and passing lights or any adaptive headlight to their Indians? Looking to see if worth the $$

SG

·
Registered
662 Posts
Nice! I saw another post about this and was thinking about the same! My commute home is at night, part of the freeway is lit. Gonna have to save up though. And your passing lights, also aftermarket? Or did you already comment in another thread about this topic, Dave?

·
Registered
662 Posts
Looks good Wil, that's the same brand I had heard of too. I didn't know Indian was making their own. I thought it was only that JW brand. Seen a couple YT vids, and it looks pretty good. Guess I better start saving. And BTW, that color of your bike, like the green and black one in the forum header pic, is my fav combo on these motorcycles. Wish I could have got one that way, but it wasn't so at the dealer when I got my RM.

Reactions: Smokn Gunz

·
Rider
2019 Scout and Chieftain Classic both in Willow Green and Cream
724 Posts
Am looking at replacing my lights on my chieftain haven't decided which way i'm going yet, but have been happy with everything i've bought from them.

·
Premium Member
290 Posts

JW Speaker Adaptive 2 headlights are THE BEST that money can buy in my opinion. I do a lot of long rides and inevitably ride at night in not so familiar places. The stock lights were terrible although it may have been an adjustment issue. These are, forgive the pun, a "night and day difference".

I don't have the Indian brand, but I do have the JW Speaker Adaptives and I love them. Outstanding for night rides.
I was wondering about the adaptives. Looks like I may hit that purchase button now. I also notice the IYAOYAS.....I am a Gunner/OHO.
I'll jump on the Ordie conversation too. MALS-12 Ordnance 99-03. Semper Fi and IYAOYAS

·
Registered
456 Posts
How do they do with cornering? Biggest issue I have at night is that I lose the far visibility going into the turns. Scared the hell out of me the first time it happened. Can't see through the turns. 20RM, did the same on my 16RM.

·
Premium Member
290 Posts
How do they do with cornering? Biggest issue I have at night is that I lose the far visibility going into the turns. Scared the hell out of me the first time it happened. Can't see through the turns. 20RM, did the same on my 16RM.
They work very well. The adaptive passing lamps illuminate to the sides better than the OEM lights. I'm sure you know the lights on the side light up as you lean the bike over into a curve. Those light up the curve.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

JW Speaker Adaptive 2 headlights are THE BEST that money can buy in my opinion. I do a lot of long rides and inevitably ride at night in not so familiar places. The stock lights were terrible although it may have been an adjustment issue. These are, forgive the pun, a "night and day difference".

I'll jump on the Ordie conversation too. MALS-12 Ordnance 99-03. Semper Fi and IYAOYAS
Thanks they look good are they Custom dynamics?

·
Registered
456 Posts
I'm aware of that nifty feature but do the lights illuminate far enough ahead to see through a corner? Never had an issue with that on my Kawasaki Concours 1400 using H4 bulbs. I don't mind spending the money but if the sight view isn't enough for me to see ahead through the corner it doesn't do my any good. I've got a problem doing a hard right turn into my driveway and totally goes dark on the turn as I go to the right. The headlights are fine going straight ahead.

·
Bronze member
2,111 Posts
I'm aware of that nifty feature but do the lights illuminate far enough ahead to see through a corner? Never had an issue with that on my Kawasaki Concours 1400 using H4 bulbs. I don't mind spending the money but if the sight view isn't enough for me to see ahead through the corner it doesn't do my any good. I've got a problem doing a hard right turn into my driveway and totally goes dark on the turn as I go to the right. The headlights are fine going straight ahead.
The Adaptive 2 will cure what ails you.
Go to the JW Speaker website and watch the videos. The lights work as advertised.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Is it the model 8790? And does Indian still use the same headlights from 2015 to present? My RM is a 2019, but their list starts at 2015 and stops at 2017 for year when using their search function for the headlight compatibility. Do you also need the mounting ring? And the fog lights are the model 6045, that replace the stock size fog lights? Everything is plug and play?

·
Registered
662 Posts
Same. Hoping someone can answer I left some questions above about it. Mine is a 2019 RM. And if the fog lights are all plug and play, etc.

·
Bronze member
2,111 Posts
All the headlights are the same from 2014-2020 and you do not need to buy the mounting ring. The OEM ring will work fine.
And yes those 6045 lights will work but you will have to change the connector to match the OEM connector or splice the old one off the original lights.

I installed the same headlight in my wife’s 2019 Chieftain Limited. It is plug-n-play and no trimming of the headlight bucket is required.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Awesome thanks Dave! Great intel. May know how to get a hold of some components to make a OEM connector to work, too. Did you just splice off the old ones, then?

1 - 20 of 101 Posts