Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In 2018, a Trakking device was fitted to my new Indian Springfield motorcycle in Suffolk, UK. (Prior to this the bike had been fitted with a S4 security system. This caused electronic malfunction and fused the VCM requiring a new module. That item was removed).

However, it is clear that an active monitored GPS tracking system cannot be fitted to Indian Thunderstroke machines.

In brief, the Trakking wakes up the Vehicle Control Module each time it tries to send location (that happens every few minutes, so in effect the VCM is ALWAYS awake). When awake, the VCM drains the battery, from fully charged to flat in 4 days. Whilst in the UK, I always kept the bike on charger when not in use, so the situation was not apparent. However, I imported the bike to Dubai, when I moved here. It arrived in early May, since which I have had repeated flat battery issues, with a battery that tested as 'good'. I don't have access to a power supply in our parking garage.

So, I carried out an experiment, full
Text Font Parallel Screenshot
results attached. Following which, I have now removed the Trakking device, and have no more problems. It is quite evident that the Trakking is waking up the Vehicle Control Module continually (each time it sends location) and the 'awake' VCM drains the battery in 4 days.

I just thought this might be useful to Indian riders, new and old.

Keep safe, ride well.

Paul.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
If it is not required to be wired directly into the VCU harness, then there should be a way to wire it so that it does not wake up the VCU.

Reactions: 2Cool
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.