Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all, I'm expecting (hoping?) that we'll get some more people here as 2022 MY bikes become more and more available. To make it easier for everyone and to prevent re-creation of tons of posts, I think it would be a good idea if we could get an accessory list together. I'll keep an eye out on this thread and edit this post as people comment. Let's keep this to specific accessories for the FTR and leave out any generic ones. I decided to do this, because if I just randomly search "FTR 1200 exhausts" I still don't see a lot of the exhausts I've seen on this forum (i.e. Toce). I'm starting this post with an incomplete set of accessories, but I'll be back to update it later (I've already spent too much time today on a computer).

Also, if anyone has any performance mods here with a dyno, it would be cool to share the results here. I'll upload them to some site like imgur and include them in this post so nobody has to search.

Most recommended accessory for MY2019:

Windshields:

Big note here per @Max Kool: The catalytic converter is welded to the headers for 2022MY. So you need to go slip on only, or a full system. Also note that because the headers on the 2022 are tucked closer to the bike, some headers (i.e. Zard, Akra) might drag when cornering right.
Exhaust:

Note on these: A lot of these tail tidy kits rely on the bolts used for the accessory bracket for official Indian accessories. This may impact compatibility. I'll note it as information comes in, but for now I only know about the NRC.
Tail Tidy / Fender Eliminator:

*Not compatible with accessory bracket

2022 Suspension*:

*Those with 2019 MY bikes have been able to install a 2022 suspension

2019 Suspension:

Blinkers

MY2019 Tires (150/70R18 rear & 120/70R19 front unless noted otherwise)

Luggage mounts:

RSD Flat Tracker Mods:

Various Carbon Fiber:

Wheels:
Seats:

Water Bottle Holders:
This is a placeholder for the longest single accessory thread. Suggestions welcome.

·
Silver member
5,505 Posts
Great list, great topic! (y)

Important note for those that don't go through the complete list of exhaust options the OP made, you can't use a decat linkpipe like you can on the 2019 model. The cat is welded to the headers on the 2022. It's either a slipon, or a full system.

Also check ground/cornering clearance when ordering a full system. I know the Toce low mount is literally folded tight against the engine -like the 2022 OEM headers do-, but the Zard and Akrapovic headers run more like the 2019 headers and may scrape on right handers.

The first tunes are developed as we speak I heard the other day.

·
Registered
414 Posts
What about a heading for "theme" accessories, like RSD, TankMachine, Wunderkind and such

Reactions: amwalker707

·
Registered
133 Posts
If maintained one full lists of links is a great resource for the community, discussion on pros/cons can go in individual threads. Thanks for starting @amwalker707

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just put the mid windshield no cowl on my '22 Rally. No $279 bracket required. Holes exactly same as stock smaller windshield. So pricey bracket purchase not required... at least for Rally model.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Plz add to luggage/top trunks:

Any Givi monokey or monolock top trunk will work if mounted using a universal base on the Indian Luggage rack. And you can add a brake light kit if so desired.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts