Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 94 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Love my Indian Classic, but really need a backrest soon to make the wife be more comfortable on the back. Does anybody know when accessories will be available?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'm with you on the backrest! I've got a laundry list of accessories that are bought and paid for but haven't showed up. I spoke with the GM at the dealership last Friday, said he has no idea when they'll be coming in, and that he's not getting any info from the mothership. I'll be calling the mothership myself if I don't get some answers by the end of the week.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a passenger backrest, rear bumper, fringed cluthch/break grips, and the chrome solo seat rail to come in as well. My pipes and highway bars were installed at the time of delivery.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
18350 said:
I'm with you on the backrest! I've got a laundry list of accessories that are bought and paid for but haven't showed up. I spoke with the GM at the dealership last Friday, said he has no idea when they'll be coming in, and that he's not getting any info from the mothership. I'll be calling the mothership myself if I don't get some answers by the end of the week.
I ordered the backrest yesterday and I was told it will be mid December. Not sure if it is quicker than that if you ordered them with your bike.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I called my dealer yesterday and asked the following, 'IF my bike came in tomorrow could my order be completed?'

Chieftain

Stage one muffler. YES
Six shooter tips. NO
Highway pegs. NO
Driver backrest ( mount & pad) NO
Passenger backrest. NO
Rear highway bars. NO
Cam cover. NO
Primary cover. NO

First time I have been glad to NOT have my Chieftain yet. Only need the dealer for Stage one upgrade - even that could not be completed as of today.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm still missing the following:

Highway pegs
Rider backrest/mount
Lower wind deflectors
Fork bag
War bonnet floorboards
Passenger backrest/luggage rack/pad
Windshield bag concho
Front and rear fender guards

When I picked the bike up they had installed the following:

Stage 1 kit
Sharktips
Rear highway bars
Beach bars
Windshield bag less the concho

Anyone else missing the concho on the windshield bag?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Tim,
I visited a local dealer that just started selling Indians and during our chat I told him about your bag concho. Here is what he wrote me in an email a few days later: 'I did follow up on the Concho issue we discussed. It has it’s own part number and is sold separately as an individual part/acc. I’m not sure why you were told what you told me other than the fact during the transition something changed and the correction was never passed an down the line'.
I'd follow up with your dealer just to be sure he knows he owes you one.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the info RC. It's a bit hard to belive that its optional when the bag has two holes in the flap! I think I may have pointed that out to you in Laramie, anyway, I think it's about time to put a bug in Polaris' s butt again.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just noticed that they changed the description of the handlebar bag to say 'Decorative Concho Not Included'! Maybe not anymore, but they better get it together!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I agree Tim. Selling a bag with a half inch diameter hole in the front of it, like yours, is kinda' whacko. Lincoln should make good on that concho for you. I sure hope they do. You know, Polaris did an AMAZING job in designing and building these great bikes in 27 months but their accessories people really dropped the ball. The QC argument, to me, is lame.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Most of these accessories won't be available until mid-december. I am in the same boat, I ordered the stage 1 exhaust, but when the six shooter tips will be available is a mystery of the church apparently. Really need that solo rack dammit! lol... I ordered the lo-pro windshield which IS available, but it still hasn't come in yet. Been waiting 2 weeks... Won't be looking or ordering anything more until i see all these items in stock.
Why would the fin tips be available right from the jump, but not the six shooter's? Doesn't make any sense to me..oh well...hopefully I will have a big pile to unwrap at Christmas!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Picked up my Vintage on the 21st.
Stage 1 Kit-installed
Six Shooter Tips-waiting
Passenger Backrest & Luggage Rack-waiting
Leather Grip Wraps-waiting

I picked up the leather windshield bag (with two small holes). I was told that the concho was 'extra' but they didn't have them. I will definitely push back on the 'extra' portion of this expense.

Most of these are cosmetic but that passenger back rest is IMPORTANT!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
adirep - what was installed on your mufflers while waiting for six shooter tips??? Stock tips? Do they have to pull the mufflers back off to install the six shooters when they come in (I believe they do)? Let us know as I my end up in the same boat...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The tips just slide on, with two small bolts. Looks a little unfinished but this was easier than taking the bike back for the complete install.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well - I guess replying to this thread was my good luck charm. Dealer just called and the six shooters are in and my lo-pro windshield! Going to get the whole setup done tomorrow. YEAH!!! I'll post a pic if anyone is interested in what the lo-pro looks like.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
7297 said:
Well - I guess replying to this thread was my good luck charm. Dealer just called and the six shooters are in and my lo-pro windshield! Going to get the whole setup done tomorrow. YEAH!!! I'll post a pic if anyone is interested in what the lo-pro looks like.
Congrats. Wish I had my backrest already.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Just spoke to Jeff at Indian Lincoln, he said they've set up some new system, but he still doesn't know when the accessories will be coming in. I mentioned that the forums are commenting mid December, he said that's probably about right. I also mentioned the windshield bag/fork bag concho debacle with Indian now changing their website to say that it's an extra and pushing you to the Pinnacle concho, first he'd heard of it. I don't know about the rest of you, but I want the concho that matches the rest of the bike, not the Pinnacle. The same one that was dispayed on the bags at Sturgis. Jeff's a good man, and I believe he's trying hard to get everything together.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
18350 said:
Just spoke to Jeff at Indian Lincoln, he said they've set up some new system, but he still doesn't know when the accessories will be coming in. I mentioned that the forums are commenting mid December, he said that's probably about right. I also mentioned the windshield bag/fork bag concho debacle with Indian now changing their website to say that it's an extra and pushing you to the Pinnacle concho, first he'd heard of it. I don't know about the rest of you, but I want the concho that matches the rest of the bike, not the Pinnacle. The same one that was dispayed on the bags at Sturgis. Jeff's a good man, and I believe he's trying hard to get everything together.
Jeff knows darn well the conchos are extra...or he should, because his assistant, Don (who is fantastic to work with, by the way), does.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
My six gun tips came in yesterday. Passenger backrest and luggage rest are schedule for late Nov. I ordered them Aug 11th when I purchased the bike. Backrest pad is in.

Rob at Gregory Polaris has been great the entire time. Very good at keeping me informed.

Accessories already installed are stage one, rear crash bars and chrome fender tips.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Corbin already has a seat out for the Chiefs. Do they win the award for first aftermarket item? :)
The stock seat is starting to break in now and form up to my fat butt, but I still feel like I would like to be back at least 1 or maybe 2 inches.
Anyway - they are on the Corbin site if u want to check them out.
http://www.corbin.com/indian/idte.shtml

1 - 20 of 94 Posts