Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

Accessories

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Dan_Frisbie 
#1 ·
Just a little venting on this topic. Very slow roll out on accessories IMO from Indian. Simple items such as a bike cover still not in stock. A bit weird.

#2 ·
I wonder if it really depends on the dealer. When I bought my Chieftain in June, I wanted the passenger backrest and footpegs added on the sale day. The service dept installed them as they prepped the bike. At the 500 mile check, I added the driver's backrest. I did call ahead a couple of days and request this.
At that time, owners were posting that they couldn't even get these parts for their bikes.
Hattiesburg Cycles (where I bought my bike) is a huge motorsports dealership, selling dozens of brand of bikes, jet skis, atvs, etc.
The new dealership in Pensacola (Adventure Motorsports of NW Florida) is smaller, their Indian showroom is smaller and definitely does not have the display volume or diversity that Hattiesburg has.
Perhaps it is how much disposable cash the dealer has to stock accessories? In order to have this stuff on hand, maybe the dealer has to lay out the cash up front.

Just a thought...

#6 ·
Four months for the tall backrest. Polaris has problems with their suppliers. Common problem since launch.
Driver or passenger? My dealer had both in stock in June 2014.
Has anyone ordered (or can it even be done) from the Indian website?

#8 ·
Loki, that's sort of what I was referring to in post #2.
Why is it taking your dealer 4 months to get a part that mine had in stock? If Indian/Polaris had enough to go around, then your dealer should have been in the same shape as mine, inventory-wise. So are the dealers with the cash getting the stuff?

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.