Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a little venting on this topic. Very slow roll out on accessories IMO from Indian. Simple items such as a bike cover still not in stock. A bit weird.

·
Founding member / distinguished
2,776 Posts
I wonder if it really depends on the dealer. When I bought my Chieftain in June, I wanted the passenger backrest and footpegs added on the sale day. The service dept installed them as they prepped the bike. At the 500 mile check, I added the driver's backrest. I did call ahead a couple of days and request this.
At that time, owners were posting that they couldn't even get these parts for their bikes.
Hattiesburg Cycles (where I bought my bike) is a huge motorsports dealership, selling dozens of brand of bikes, jet skis, atvs, etc.
The new dealership in Pensacola (Adventure Motorsports of NW Florida) is smaller, their Indian showroom is smaller and definitely does not have the display volume or diversity that Hattiesburg has.
Perhaps it is how much disposable cash the dealer has to stock accessories? In order to have this stuff on hand, maybe the dealer has to lay out the cash up front.

Just a thought...

·
Founding member
954 Posts
The only thing that took long was the rear luggage rack. Almost 3 months for me. Passenger backrest took about 2 weeks. Front bumper 3 weeks. It is the price you pay for being different.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No the accessories I am referring to are 2015 largely new offerings. I just find it strange that items such as Indian covers are still not readily available, from any dealer. I can get my handle bar bag, speakers etc. but other items, not so quick.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Four months for the tall backrest. Polaris has problems with their suppliers. Common problem since launch.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Driver or passenger? My dealer had both in stock in June 2014.
Has anyone ordered (or can it even be done) from the Indian website?
Passenger tall backrest. Ordered last August with the bike. The backrest arrived four months after the bike was delivered in October.

·
Founding member / distinguished
2,776 Posts
Loki, that's sort of what I was referring to in post #2.
Why is it taking your dealer 4 months to get a part that mine had in stock? If Indian/Polaris had enough to go around, then your dealer should have been in the same shape as mine, inventory-wise. So are the dealers with the cash getting the stuff?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts